Are there any formulas that will do mapping like either of the attached photos. Both of these are created from photos using apps on the iPhone. If not I wish someone would create one! 575910f578da7.png
575910f5a0718.png

Are there any formulas that will do mapping like either of the attached photos. Both of these are created from photos using apps on the iPhone. If not I wish someone would create one! ![575910f578da7.png](serve/attachment&path=575910f578da7.png) ![575910f5a0718.png](serve/attachment&path=575910f5a0718.png)

There are a large number of mapping formulas, also called transforms, that do many types of tiling in the UF database. Have you checked them out?

There are a large number of mapping formulas, also called transforms, that do many types of tiling in the UF database. Have you checked them out?

I looked through the mapping formulas, but I don't know all of the functions of all of them. I have seen rectangular tiles. Also seen the kaleidoscope ones that will do triangle tiles, but only do one iteration, or don't repeat after completing one cycle like the examples do. That's why I asked for help.

I looked through the mapping formulas, but I don't know all of the functions of all of them. I have seen rectangular tiles. Also seen the kaleidoscope ones that will do triangle tiles, but only do one iteration, or don't repeat after completing one cycle like the examples do. That's why I asked for help.

What do the original images look like? Its not really possible to discuss options without seeing the before and after.

What do the original images look like? Its not really possible to discuss options without seeing the before and after.

The first looks like hexagonal tiling. Try Hexagonal Tiling in sg.uxf or Hexagonal Tiling 2 in jos.uxf (which adds a rotation parameter).

The other is some kind of spiral tiling. Try Logarithmic Spiral tiling in sam.uxf; documentation is at http://www.p-gallery.net/help/logspirt.htm.

The first looks like hexagonal tiling. Try Hexagonal Tiling in sg.uxf or Hexagonal Tiling 2 in jos.uxf (which adds a rotation parameter). The other is some kind of spiral tiling. Try Logarithmic Spiral tiling in sam.uxf; documentation is at http://www.p-gallery.net/help/logspirt.htm.

Thanks! That was very helpful. Guess I should have searched for tiling to begin with. My problem was that I was zoomed into the area I wanted to tile. Couldn't find a mapping that worked how I wanted that way. It's been a while since I had last used UF. The Hekagonal Tiling mappings work well, but you have to resize and move the tile as you zoom in. A bit of a pain, but at least it works. The Logarithmic Spiral tiling works well too, but I wish that it would mirror the tiles. Oh well. Thanks

Thanks! That was very helpful. Guess I should have searched for tiling to begin with. My problem was that I was zoomed into the area I wanted to tile. Couldn't find a mapping that worked how I wanted that way. It's been a while since I had last used UF. The Hekagonal Tiling mappings work well, but you have to resize and move the tile as you zoom in. A bit of a pain, but at least it works. The Logarithmic Spiral tiling works well too, but I wish that it would mirror the tiles. Oh well. Thanks

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft