I am completely new to Ultra Fractal and would like to create images that can be saved in 16 bit RAW file format. While Ultra Fractal does not do this natively, it appears Ultra Fractal is only using 8 bits per color channel.

Is this correct? Is there a way to use 16 bit color channels? I am actually looking to use the images for heightmaps, but would like 16 bits in a single color channel.

I am completely new to Ultra Fractal and would like to create images that can be saved in 16 bit RAW file format. While Ultra Fractal does not do this natively, it appears Ultra Fractal is only using 8 bits per color channel. Is this correct? Is there a way to use 16 bit color channels? I am actually looking to use the images for heightmaps, but would like 16 bits in a single color channel.

Unfortunately Ultra Fractal does not currently support image formats with 16 bits per channel when exporting or rendering. It's on my wish list for future updates, but I haven't received many requests regarding this feature yet.

Unfortunately Ultra Fractal does not currently support image formats with 16 bits per channel when exporting or rendering. It's on my wish list for future updates, but I haven't received many requests regarding this feature yet.

Ultra Fractal author

I really like UF to add this feature...while fractal artists trying to have best prints, it can't stay with lack of quality color space.

I really like UF to add this feature...while fractal artists trying to have best prints, it can't stay with lack of quality color space.

RAW would enhance Photoshop post editing as well. I'd love to see it added.

**RAW** would enhance Photoshop post editing as well. I'd love to see it added.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft