I am new to Ultra Fractal and I was wondering. Is there a way to render fractals that do not take long periods of time. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong. Sometimes rendering a 20 second animated fractal can take me hours.
Anyone have any thoughts or pointers on this subject.
Thanks, John

I am new to Ultra Fractal and I was wondering. Is there a way to render fractals that do not take long periods of time. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong. Sometimes rendering a 20 second animated fractal can take me hours. Anyone have any thoughts or pointers on this subject. Thanks, John

Are you in a hurry? The specs of your computer has so much to do with it. The time it takes (beside your computer) also depends on the formulas you use, the size of the render, and the length of the animation. Just be patient and good things will come. smile

Are you in a hurry? The specs of your computer has so much to do with it. The time it takes (beside your computer) also depends on the formulas you use, the size of the render, and the length of the animation. Just be patient and good things will come. :)

Yes, patience is important, lol. I hit "render", leave the computer and come back in a couple of hours.
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong. So what is the ideal processor for a windows computer ?, and does RAM affect the speed of rendering, or is it a combination of both. I think I may have read somewhere that your video card does not matter one way or the other?

Yes, patience is important, lol. I hit "render", leave the computer and come back in a couple of hours. Thank you. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong. So what is the ideal processor for a windows computer ?, and does RAM affect the speed of rendering, or is it a combination of both. I think I may have read somewhere that your video card does not matter one way or the other?

Hi John,

There are various settings that influence the render speed, e.g. the type of anti-aliasing, whether you're using Guessing, and the maximum iterations setting. It all depends on the type of fractal you want to render.

Hi John, There are various settings that influence the render speed, e.g. the type of anti-aliasing, whether you're using Guessing, and the maximum iterations setting. It all depends on the type of fractal you want to render.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft