Fractal windows contain the fractals that you work on in Ultra Fractal. While
you edit the fractal using the Fractal
Properties and Layer Properties
tool windows, the fractal window is continually updated to show the result of
|Note: Although fractal windows are resizeable, this does not change
the size of the fractal itself. Use the Image tab in the Fractal Properties tool window to resize the fractal.
The toolbar contains commands to edit and save the fractal:
- The New button creates a new fractal from scratch. To duplicate the
current fractal instead, click Duplicate on the File menu.
- The Open and Browse buttons open files from disk.
- The Save button saves the fractal to disk. See Opening
and saving fractals.
- The Undo and Redo buttons can undo and redo your previous
actions. See Fractal history list.
- The Copy and Paste buttons copy fractal parameters to and
from the Clipboard. See Copying and pasting fractals.
- The Gradient button opens the gradient
editor associated with the fractal window to edit the colors of the fractal.
- The mouse mode buttons show and select the active mouse mode. The
mouse mode determines what happens when you click and drag inside the fractal
window. There are three mouse modes:
- The Save Parameters button saves the fractal to a parameter set.
See Parameter files.
- The Render to Disk button starts rendering the fractal or animation
to disk, creating a high-resolution image or a fractal movie with better quality
than possible in the fractal window. See Rendering
The commands on the toolbar are duplicated on the File, Edit, and Fractal pull-down
menus. Frequently used commands are also on the menu that pops up when you right-click
inside the fractal window.
Next: Normal mode
Keyboard shortcuts for fractal windows
Exporting and rendering