UF reports the error "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" and is unable to connect to the database. I assume that this is a result of server reconfiguration? Is there a way around this other than installing the update manually?
Thanks.
Joe

UF reports the error "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" and is unable to connect to the database. I assume that this is a result of server reconfiguration? Is there a way around this other than installing the update manually? Thanks. Joe

This appears to have returned. I've just downloaded UF5.04 (will probably buy 6 soonish), but cannot DL from UF, get the 301 issue. smile

This appears to have returned. I've just downloaded UF5.04 (will probably buy 6 soonish), but cannot DL from UF, get the 301 issue. :(

Auto downloads are no longer possible with UF5. You will have to update manually.

This reply from Frederik in another forum post on Dec 21st explains why:

"This started to occur because the UF web site was moved to a new server with better security. I've been in touch with the web site provider, but after some research their conclusion was that they cannot support the way UF5 and earlier versions contact the online formula database due to security measures that are in place. Unfortunately they can't/won't disable these security measures.

UF6 works fine, but for UF5, the only solution I have is to download and update the formulas manually."

I hope this answers your question.

Auto downloads are no longer possible with UF5. You will have to update manually. This reply from Frederik in another forum post on Dec 21st explains why: > "This started to occur because the UF web site was moved to a new server with better security. I've been in touch with the web site provider, but after some research their conclusion was that they cannot support the way UF5 and earlier versions contact the online formula database due to security measures that are in place. Unfortunately they can't/won't disable these security measures. >UF6 works fine, but for UF5, the only solution I have is to download and update the formulas manually." I hope this answers your question.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Thanks for the info!

Went and bought UF6 - needed an excuse, so....found one smile.

Thanks for the info! Went and bought UF6 - needed an excuse, so....found one ;).

Ha ha, that's one way round the problem, I guess! smile

Ha ha, that's one way round the problem, I guess! :D

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft