Hello:
yesterday my AV/Antimalware, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, solution quarantined UF6, claiming it was a medium risk.
I have whitelsted it, however i am wondering if it is safe, and whay this should be.
Any reassurance appreciated..

Hello: yesterday my AV/Antimalware, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, solution quarantined UF6, claiming it was a medium risk. I have whitelsted it, however i am wondering if it is safe, and whay this should be. Any reassurance appreciated..

It's a false positive.
See here: https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/what-false-positive-antivirus-detection.htm

UF is completely safe.
I have Avast antivirus. and that throws up a few false positives (although it's okay with UF). It's annoying, but it does catch some genuine malware too smile

It's a false positive. See here: https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/what-false-positive-antivirus-detection.htm UF is completely safe. I have Avast antivirus. and that throws up a few false positives (although it's okay with UF). It's annoying, but it does catch some genuine malware too :)

UF has never been a problem, it's clean, don't worry. I have Bit Defender - not a peep out of that when I installed UF.

Out of curiosity, I just ran UF6 through 36 AV scan engines online [Metadefender.com] and it came up as clean as a whistle. Not a single questionable result. Along with all the big players we've all heard of in the AV market Emsisoft was one of the engines listed so why yours was suspicious I really don't know.

As Otto says, false positives can crop up sometimes. I still get the occasional report for programs I've been using for many years. You're wise to be cautious but when in doubt I can recommend running a file through the site above (occasional usage is free), it will give you a more detailed picture.

UF has never been a problem, it's clean, don't worry. I have Bit Defender - not a peep out of that when I installed UF. Out of curiosity, I just ran UF6 through 36 AV scan engines online [Metadefender.com] and it came up as clean as a whistle. Not a single questionable result. Along with all the big players we've all heard of in the AV market Emsisoft was one of the engines listed so why yours was suspicious I really don't know. As Otto says, false positives can crop up sometimes. I still get the occasional report for programs I've been using for many years. You're wise to be cautious but when in doubt I can recommend running a file through the site above (occasional usage is free), it will give you a more detailed picture.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft