Hi. Is the maximum size of resultant png still only about 2000px? I'm starting to play with fractals, and one of the advantages of this prog over others sounded to be larger size output. I'm thinking 3000x4000 not mega massive.....
At the moment I only have Evaluation mode, if that changes anything.
Ta.

Hi. Is the maximum size of resultant png still only about 2000px? I'm starting to play with fractals, and one of the advantages of this prog over others sounded to be larger size output. I'm thinking 3000x4000 not mega massive..... At the moment I only have Evaluation mode, if that changes anything. Ta.

Larger sizes are certainly possible, yes. Just type in the figures you need in the Width/Height boxes on the Render dialog. The Evaluation version works just like the full version, I believe, so it should work.

I just tried a quick 6000 x 9000px job and it was fine. At 60000 x 90000px the render was refused because of a 2GB image limit. However, even if you ever hit that limit you can still proceed with any >2GB image by using UF's feature of splitting large renders into sections. The idea is that these can then be stitched together in a graphics editor to assemble your finished image. So I guess that theoretically there is very little limitation to size of renders. smile

Larger sizes are certainly possible, yes. Just type in the figures you need in the Width/Height boxes on the Render dialog. The Evaluation version works just like the full version, I believe, so it should work. I just tried a quick 6000 x 9000px job and it was fine. At 60000 x 90000px the render was refused because of a 2GB image limit. However, even if you ever hit that limit you can still proceed with any >2GB image by using UF's feature of splitting large renders into sections. The idea is that these can then be stitched together in a graphics editor to assemble your finished image. So I guess that theoretically there is very little limitation to size of renders. :)

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

edited Dec 16 '17 at 10:00 am

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft