Are these color presets/classes available somewhere within the reb folder? I cannot seem to locate them no matter which formula I choose. I love all the colors available in the kcc folder and use them extensively for either inside or outside coloring. I see some different ones here that Ron Barnett is offering but I don't know how to find them. I've checked his website also, perhaps I'm missing something!

5a37decf2252e.jpg

Are these color presets/classes available somewhere within the reb folder? I cannot seem to locate them no matter which formula I choose. I love all the colors available in the kcc folder and use them extensively for either inside or outside coloring. I see some different ones here that Ron Barnett is offering but I don't know how to find them. I've checked his website also, perhaps I'm missing something! ![5a37decf2252e.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5a37decf2252e.jpg)

These are "Direct color arrays" used as internal/Direct gradients for plugins and perhaps for other purposes too, I'm not too sure about that.

To see the direct colours in action go to Ron's tutorial #6 on Slope/Lighting formulas:
http://www.hiddendimension.com/Challenges/Tutorial6/UF5Tutorials6.html

• Load up the parameters at the very end of the page; image is called "ColorTrapShapeBlock".
  • Then open the Outside tab and scroll down to the Images and Colorings section
  • Open up all the sub groups in this section and you will find a Direct Color Array plugin showing the Alhambra colour palette.

class REB_DirectColorHelper mentioned in your post above is to be found in the code in reb.ulb.

If you want to transpose these palettes to "normal" gradients you can find the RGB values for all these arrays by opening reb.ulb in a plain text editor to view. Search for "Alhambra" to find the first colour set in this very long file.

These are "Direct color arrays" used as internal/Direct gradients for plugins and perhaps for other purposes too, I'm not too sure about that. To see the direct colours in action go to Ron's tutorial #6 on Slope/Lighting formulas: http://www.hiddendimension.com/Challenges/Tutorial6/UF5Tutorials6.html - Load up the parameters at the very end of the page; image is called "_ColorTrapShapeBlock_". - Then open the **Outside tab** and scroll down to the **Images and Colorings** section - Open up all the sub groups in this section and you will find a **Direct Color Array** plugin showing the Alhambra colour palette. **class REB_DirectColorHelper** mentioned in your post above is to be found in the code in **reb.ulb**. If you want to transpose these palettes to "normal" gradients you can find the RGB values for all these arrays by opening **reb.ulb** in a plain text editor to view. Search for "Alhambra" to find the first colour set in this very long file.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

edited Dec 18 '17 at 6:49 pm

Hey, there they are! I finally found them, thanks so much, Chris. I remember looking through those tutorials but they are a bit detailed for me as I continue my learning curve of UF. I never made it to the last one, ColorTrapShapeBlock, now that's a mouthful! I love preset gradients and these offer even more choices available to me. Color makes me happy, color makes the world go round smile

Hey, there they are! I finally found them, thanks so much, Chris. I remember looking through those tutorials but they are a bit detailed for me as I continue my learning curve of UF. I never made it to the last one, ColorTrapShapeBlock, now that's a mouthful! I love preset gradients and these offer even more choices available to me. Color makes me happy, color makes the world go round :)

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft