Hi Frederik,

I have a list of complaints and requests for 6.01. I'm using Windows 10.

Make it so that the Render to Disk window can be minimized or allow it to move to the back so that I don't have it in the way of my workspace during a render.

This isn't too much of a problem... but if I inadvertently close the Render to Disk window during a render, allow it to be reopened without coming up with a new render.

Mark file save points in the history window. This would be very helpful.

The icons turn upside down in the history window. I don't know what triggers that. It just happens.

When using direct coloring, stepping back in the history doesn't work very well. Usually I have to rotate the gradient a tick to get it to recalculate after I have stepped back in the history window.

The "Resize with fractal window" check box in the image tab occasionally gets checked all by itself when opening an image. As far I am concerned there's no use for that check box anyway, but the default should always be unchecked.

Thanks,
Keith

Hi Frederik, I have a list of complaints and requests for 6.01. I'm using Windows 10. Make it so that the Render to Disk window can be minimized or allow it to move to the back so that I don't have it in the way of my workspace during a render. This isn't too much of a problem... but if I inadvertently close the Render to Disk window during a render, allow it to be reopened without coming up with a new render. Mark file save points in the history window. This would be very helpful. The icons turn upside down in the history window. I don't know what triggers that. It just happens. When using direct coloring, stepping back in the history doesn't work very well. Usually I have to rotate the gradient a tick to get it to recalculate after I have stepped back in the history window. The "Resize with fractal window" check box in the image tab occasionally gets checked all by itself when opening an image. As far I am concerned there's no use for that check box anyway, but the default should always be unchecked. Thanks, Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a closer look at the points you're mentioning. Some notes:

• You can show or hide any tool window including Render to Disk with the Window > Tool Windows menu.
  • Can you send me a screen shot for the "upside down" icons in the history list? Am I understanding correctly that it seems to happen randomly?
  • The "Resize with fractal window" option is saved by UF as part of the window position information. So if you reopen a fractal, the window position is restored, including the state of the "Resize with fractal window" option. Just uncheck it and it should remain unchecked after that.
Hi Keith, Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a closer look at the points you're mentioning. Some notes: - You can show or hide any tool window including Render to Disk with the Window > Tool Windows menu. - Can you send me a screen shot for the "upside down" icons in the history list? Am I understanding correctly that it seems to happen randomly? - The "Resize with fractal window" option is saved by UF as part of the window position information. So if you reopen a fractal, the window position is restored, including the state of the "Resize with fractal window" option. Just uncheck it and it should remain unchecked after that.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft