Is there any way to make formula variables visible in the coloring formula loop? I'm trying some fractals with more than one variable z and need to use both in coloring.

I have an ugly workaround basically doing all the coloring in the fractal formula and stuffing the color index in #z at the end and then just setting #index = #z in the coloring formula.

Is there any way to make formula variables visible in the coloring formula loop? I'm trying some fractals with more than one variable z and need to use both in coloring. I have an ugly workaround basically doing all the coloring in the fractal formula and stuffing the color index in #z at the end and then just setting #index = #z in the coloring formula.

There's no other way to do it. An alternative is to use the standard Pixel formula, and have your coloring algorithm do both the fractal formula calculations and the coloring.

There's no other way to do it. An alternative is to use the standard Pixel formula, and have your coloring algorithm do both the fractal formula calculations and the coloring.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft