Hey every one...

I am returning to ultrafractal-ing after some 3 or 4 years. I think I still got it, Heheheh...

Just found out that v6 is out and kicking, I've downloaded and gonna check it out.

Just some quick questions:
Are the v6 parameters backward compatible with prev versions? At least to v5?

And if I open/save or edit/save a lower version parameter in v6, will it be readable/editable to ultrafractal's previous versions?

Thanks.

Hey every one... I am returning to ultrafractal-ing after some 3 or 4 years. I think I still got it, Heheheh... Just found out that v6 is out and kicking, I've downloaded and gonna check it out. Just some quick questions: Are the v6 parameters backward compatible with prev versions? At least to v5? And if I open/save or edit/save a lower version parameter in v6, will it be readable/editable to ultrafractal's previous versions? Thanks.

I believe you should be ok with compatibility between v5 and v6. A definitive answer from Frederik on this would be welcome, though.

I believe you should be ok with compatibility between v5 and v6. A definitive answer from Frederik on this would be welcome, though.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Parameter sets written by v6 can be read by v5, as long as you don't use any of the new features in version 6 (for example anti-aliasing in the fractal window).

Parameter sets written by v6 can be read by v5, as long as you don't use any of the new features in version 6 (for example anti-aliasing in the fractal window).

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft