Sometimes when rendering a single frame of an animation at high res, rendering stops near 90% loading 1 CPU and never finishes. If I delete the animation timeline it renders fine.

Sometimes when rendering a single frame of an animation at high res, rendering stops near 90% loading 1 CPU and never finishes. If I delete the animation timeline it renders fine.

Some more investigating: it's not "never" just very very slow.
To reproduce open basic Mandelbrot with basic coloring, then make a tiny animation, say zooming 10%. Render last frame at high resolution, observe progress.
Now delete the animation from the timeline and render again: now it is much faster.

Some more investigating: it's not "never" just very very slow. To reproduce open basic Mandelbrot with basic coloring, then make a tiny animation, say zooming 10%. Render last frame at high resolution, observe progress. Now delete the animation from the timeline and render again: now it is much faster.

I've finally had time to properly investigate what happens here. It's because by default, Ultra Fractal performs motion blur when rendering (a part of) an animation. The last 10% of the progress is reserved for motion blur and for a large images this takes a fair amount of time: that explains why the rendering slows down here.

To circumvent this, just render with Motion Blur set to Off in the Render to Disk dialog.

I've finally had time to properly investigate what happens here. It's because by default, Ultra Fractal performs motion blur when rendering (a part of) an animation. The last 10% of the progress is reserved for motion blur and for a large images this takes a fair amount of time: that explains why the rendering slows down here. To circumvent this, just render with Motion Blur set to Off in the Render to Disk dialog.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft