On several pages of the UF6 manual (uf6-manual.pdf) near the end of the manual, there are overviews of settings to be used in de formula editor of UF. Hearby an example on page 265.

5c0645f1d39ea.png

When I put the cursor of my mouse upon it to see the link and the explication of it, I see a link that probably comes from the computer of Frederik himself. Of course, I cann't read that help files and should like to know where they are to be find or downloaded.

On several pages of the UF6 manual (uf6-manual.pdf) near the end of the manual, there are overviews of settings to be used in de formula editor of UF. Hearby an example on page 265. ![5c0645f1d39ea.png](serve/attachment&path=5c0645f1d39ea.png) When I put the cursor of my mouse upon it to see the link and the explication of it, I see a link that probably comes from the computer of Frederik himself. Of course, I cann't read that help files and should like to know where they are to be find or downloaded.

In the copy of the manual I just downloaded all those links point to
"https://www.ultrafractal.com/download/uf6-manual.pdf"
This is different to your copy but still in need of correction, I think.

To answer your question about where to find and read this material you will find it in UF's Help file. To find this particular page:

• Open UF and use F1 to access the Help file
  • Go to the Search tab
  • Enter "Writing coloring algorithms"
  • The resulting search results list will display this as the second topic down

There you will find the same links as shown above and they all work correctly within the installed Help file.

I hope this helps!

In the copy of the manual I just downloaded all those links point to "https://www.ultrafractal.com/download/uf6-manual.pdf" This is different to your copy but still in need of correction, I think. To answer your question about where to find and read this material you will find it in UF's Help file. To find this particular page: - Open UF and use F1 to access the Help file - Go to the Search tab - Enter "Writing coloring algorithms" - The resulting search results list will display this as the second topic down There you will find the same links as shown above and they all work correctly within the installed Help file. I hope this helps!

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

edited Dec 4 '18 at 1:32 pm

Thanks Chris for your quick response.

Going by the F1-help possibility gives indeed all the answers but I should like to have those info directly on the screen when I'm busy working with the manual. So the best thing to do - I think - is to make the connections from within the text versus the helpfile of UF.

Bizarre: I download the manual again from the UF site and the links are still remaining the same, not the ones you are showing?

Thanks Chris for your quick response. Going by the F1-help possibility gives indeed all the answers but I should like to have those info directly on the screen when I'm busy working with the manual. So the best thing to do - I think - is to make the connections from within the text versus the helpfile of UF. Bizarre: I download the manual again from the UF site and the links are still remaining the same, not the ones you are showing?

Yes, I quite agree that corrections are required to the .pdf manual. It looks like the links have been overlooked and are not redirecting properly within the document. A simple code tweak should fix them I imagine.

As for what I am seeing it seems to be different depending on what I am reading it with. Earlier I "downloaded" the file but only in the sense that it opened in my browser (Waterfox). The links were as I reported above but didn't actually work. I have now downloaded/saved a proper copy to my hard drive and opened it from there in both Microsoft Edge browser and a proper .PDF editor application - both display links to Frederik's local files just as you have seen.

So it would seem we have the same file it's just a matter of how different software "interprets" the links. I've never thought Waterfox is very good with .PDF files, anyway, and big brother Firefox was much the same too when I used it. I do wish browsers would just stick to web browsing and stop trying to do stuff they are very poor at. It's annoying. smile

Yes, I quite agree that corrections are required to the .pdf manual. It looks like the links have been overlooked and are not redirecting properly within the document. A simple code tweak should fix them I imagine. As for what I am seeing it seems to be different depending on what I am reading it with. Earlier I "downloaded" the file but only in the sense that it opened in my browser (Waterfox). The links were as I reported above but didn't actually work. I have now downloaded/saved a proper copy to my hard drive and opened it from there in both Microsoft Edge browser and a proper .PDF editor application - both display links to Frederik's local files just as you have seen. So it would seem we have the same file it's just a matter of how different software "interprets" the links. I've never thought Waterfox is very good with .PDF files, anyway, and big brother Firefox was much the same too when I used it. I do wish browsers would just stick to web browsing and stop trying to do stuff they are very poor at. It's annoying. |(

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Thanks for testing it. Perhaps Frederik will have time to answer to this.
Regarding to the browsers that I've used i'm placing it in the follwing order of satisfaction:

1. Google Chrome
  2. Firefox
  3. MS Edge
  4. MS Internet Explorer
Thanks for testing it. Perhaps Frederik will have time to answer to this. Regarding to the browsers that I've used i'm placing it in the follwing order of satisfaction: 1. Google Chrome 2. Firefox 3. MS Edge 4. MS Internet Explorer

Thanks for reporting this. It happens because the PDF manual doesn't include the Reference section of the help file -- that would add several hundred pages and make it very large for printing. You can access the reference section online here (Writing Formulas > Reference in the table of contents):
https://www.ultrafractal.com/help/writing/writingformulas.html

It would of course be nice if these links in the PDF manual would point to the online help file and I'll see what I can do to change them.

Cheers,

Thanks for reporting this. It happens because the PDF manual doesn't include the Reference section of the help file -- that would add several hundred pages and make it very large for printing. You can access the reference section online here (Writing Formulas > Reference in the table of contents): https://www.ultrafractal.com/help/writing/writingformulas.html It would of course be nice if these links in the PDF manual would point to the online help file and I'll see what I can do to change them. Cheers,

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft