Hi, I rarely use this merge method and I think it's not working the same in rendering as in display mode. This happens in the latest version of UF 5 and 6.

Thank to check out this. I'm losing some very nice parts of my composition.

Etienne

Hi, I rarely use this merge method and I think it's not working the same in rendering as in display mode. This happens in the latest version of UF 5 and 6. Thank to check out this. I'm losing some very nice parts of my composition. Etienne
edited Dec 9 '18 at 8:14 pm

When rendering, UF uses floating-point values for colors to achieve better precision when merging. The HSL merge modes including HSL Addition are very sensitive to the precision so they will often produce slightly different (but nicer, less rough/banded) results when rendering. This is most likely the cause of the difference that you're seeing.

Otherwise, please send me the UPR of the fractal you're rendering via email and I'll have a look to see what's happening.

When rendering, UF uses floating-point values for colors to achieve better precision when merging. The HSL merge modes including HSL Addition are very sensitive to the precision so they will often produce slightly different (but nicer, less rough/banded) results when rendering. This is most likely the cause of the difference that you're seeing. Otherwise, please send me the UPR of the fractal you're rendering via email and I'll have a look to see what's happening.

Ultra Fractal author

Thanks Frederik from this very quick response. Yes, this may or may not be the cause : the difference is a bit drastic. I'll try to create a simplified scenario and send it by email. What is your email address? Thanks again.

Thanks Frederik from this very quick response. Yes, this may or may not be the cause : the difference is a bit drastic. I'll try to create a simplified scenario and send it by email. What is your email address? Thanks again.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft