Hi!

I want to create a JPG file for printing on canvas. The canvas size is 16 inches (W) by 12 inches (H). At 600 PPI, the JPG file is 9.600 pixels (W) by 7.200 pixels (H).

To begin a fractal, what parameters should I use in the “Fractal Properties: Image”?

Or, does it matter? If UF files are scalable like SVG files, then only the width/height proportions matter.

Thank you!

Dr. T

Hi! I want to create a JPG file for printing on canvas. The canvas size is 16 inches (W) by 12 inches (H). At 600 PPI, the JPG file is 9.600 pixels (W) by 7.200 pixels (H). To begin a fractal, what parameters should I use in the “Fractal Properties: Image”? Or, does it matter? If UF files are scalable like SVG files, then only the width/height proportions matter. Thank you! Dr. T

Generally speaking, fractal files are scale-able so just work with whatever size you find comfortable with on screen (with the right H/W ratio) and set the final print size when rendering.

That said, do be aware that UF can throw up surprises from time to time and there are occasions when one or more layers may not scale up as expected. Usually these anomalies can be corrected, occasionally not.

I can't provide an actual example off the top of my head right now but rest assured it is quite rare. True fractal structures should behave themselves. I think my problems have nearly always been to do with textures that are not derived from the fractal structures.

Generally speaking, fractal files are scale-able so just work with whatever size you find comfortable with on screen (with the right H/W ratio) and set the final print size when rendering. That said, do be aware that UF can throw up surprises from time to time and there are occasions when one or more layers may not scale up as expected. Usually these anomalies can be corrected, occasionally not. I can't provide an actual example off the top of my head right now but rest assured it is quite rare. True fractal structures should behave themselves. I think my problems have nearly always been to do with textures that are not derived from the fractal structures.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

edited Dec 30 '18 at 1:09 pm

Dear Chris and Frederik,

Thank you for your replies.

Dr. T

Dear Chris and Frederik, Thank you for your replies. Dr. T

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft