I think it's a bug?
Why, when rendering, I write that I want for instance an 600 x 400 at 72 dpi and png, I obtain an image 600x400 but at 28 dpi?
I must resize with my favorite photopaint
What shall I have to do?
I see it is not the same with jpeg files where I obtain for the same parameters a 300 dpi picture?....
Thanks

I think it's a bug? Why, when rendering, I write that I want for instance an 600 x 400 at 72 dpi and png, I obtain an image 600x400 but at 28 dpi? I must resize with my favorite photopaint What shall I have to do? I see it is not the same with jpeg files where I obtain for the same parameters a 300 dpi picture?.... Thanks

There was a very similar question here less than two weeks ago: LINK

It turns out the artist was using an image editor that was set to display pixels per centimetre when he thought he was looking at pixels per inch.

Your report of 28 when you expected 72 fits with well this explanation. So please check your image program settings to see what units it is displaying this information in as this may well be your problem.

There was a very similar question here less than two weeks ago: [LINK](https://www.ultrafractal.com/forum/index.php?u=/topic/606/rendering-to-disc) It turns out the artist was using an image editor that was set to display **pixels per centimetre** when he thought he was looking at pixels per inch. Your report of 28 when you expected 72 fits with well this explanation. So please check your image program settings to see what units it is displaying this information in as this may well be your problem.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft