Trying to print out one of the fractals I created. What is the recommendation for printing.

I would like to print something like a 30x20 in size.

Can anyone give me some tips on what export settings and to what type of file would work best?

Thanks in advance!

Trying to print out one of the fractals I created. What is the recommendation for printing. I would like to print something like a 30x20 in size. Can anyone give me some tips on what export settings and to what type of file would work best? Thanks in advance!

I suggest you find out from whoever is printing this for you what resolution they recommend and what file formats they support. Resolution may depend on the machine being used but typically 300 dpi is perfectly adequate.

Once you have that information from the printers you should render your image (not export!) at the required size and in the appropriate format. The render dialog has all the settings you need to tell UF the filetype and how big to render.

At 300 dpi your 30 x 20 image (that's inches, I presume? Be careful if working with cm!!) should be 9000px x 6000px.

Personally I like to render at twice the required size in lossless .png format. I then tweak things a little in a graphics editor and re-size down to the intended print file size. I find I can sharpen things up, remove any design anomalies and adjust the colours a little this way. I then save as a high quality (80-90%) .jpg for printing.

I suggest you find out from whoever is printing this for you what resolution they recommend and what file formats they support. Resolution may depend on the machine being used but typically 300 dpi is perfectly adequate. Once you have that information from the printers you should **render** your image (not export!) at the required size and in the appropriate format. The render dialog has all the settings you need to tell UF the filetype and how big to render. At 300 dpi your 30 x 20 image (that's inches, I presume? Be careful if working with cm!!) should be 9000px x 6000px. Personally I like to render at twice the required size in lossless .png format. I then tweak things a little in a graphics editor and re-size down to the intended print file size. I find I can sharpen things up, remove any design anomalies and adjust the colours a little this way. I then save as a high quality (80-90%) .jpg for printing.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Thank you so much! This helps out a lot! Yes you are correct it's in inches. I'll follow your recommendations and give it a shot.

Thank you so much! This helps out a lot! Yes you are correct it's in inches. I'll follow your recommendations and give it a shot.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft