Hi, I got UF 5.4 on 5/17/2017. I upgraded to an UHD monitor 3840 x 2160 resolution about 6 months ago, and UF 5.4 is unusable because the interface does not support UHD, and the menus and fonts are too small and unreadable. Does the latest version of UF support UHD monitors?

Hi, I got UF 5.4 on 5/17/2017. I upgraded to an UHD monitor 3840 x 2160 resolution about 6 months ago, and UF 5.4 is unusable because the interface does not support UHD, and the menus and fonts are too small and unreadable. Does the latest version of UF support UHD monitors?
edited Aug 30 '19 at 11:12 pm

Yes.

This is what I found on the What's New page on the UF website:

"Fully supports Retina on Mac and High DPI on Windows
Ultra Fractal 6 takes full advantage of modern high-resolution displays like Retina displays on Mac, and High DPI displays (like 4K and 5K monitors) on Windows. This lets you enjoy your fractals at almost print-like resolution on the screen."

Yes. This is what I found on the What's New page on the UF website: > "Fully supports Retina on Mac and High DPI on Windows Ultra Fractal 6 takes full advantage of modern high-resolution displays like Retina displays on Mac, and High DPI displays (like 4K and 5K monitors) on Windows. This lets you enjoy your fractals at almost print-like resolution on the screen."

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Hi Chris, Thanks. I will have to download the evaluation copy to make sure they were talking about the interface and not just the on screen fractal resolutions.

Hi Chris, Thanks. I will have to download the evaluation copy to make sure they were talking about the interface and not just the on screen fractal resolutions.

It's a shame the information quoted (the only snippet I could find) doesn't confirm the answer to your question. A trial install would probably be a wise precaution. smile

Perhaps you could confirm your findings in due course here so others can benefit from your research. These 4K screens are bound to get more and more popular as time goes by...

It's a shame the information quoted (the only snippet I could find) doesn't confirm the answer to your question. A trial install would probably be a wise precaution. (wasntme) Perhaps you could confirm your findings in due course here so others can benefit from your research. These 4K screens are bound to get more and more popular as time goes by...

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

UF6 fully supports UHD monitors -- this is the same as 4K.

UF6 fully supports UHD monitors -- this is the same as 4K.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft