Hello,
I want to obtain this fractal image again.
I do it by luck with a switch on Julia classic with image plug-in.
As you see, my iteration goes like a Vortex, Im actualy lock on this one...

Best regard

Hello, I want to obtain this fractal image again. I do it by luck with a switch on Julia classic with image plug-in. As you see, my iteration goes like a Vortex, Im actualy lock on this one... Best regard

Best regards, Christopher F.

edited Oct 8 '19 at 7:43 pm

It's very difficult to offer advice with this, Christopher.

As you have discovered it is almost impossible to reproduce a fractal without the original parameters - the possibilities are just too great. Therefore you should always make sure that if ever you make anything even vaguely pleasing then you must save it.

It also pays to save different versions of an image as you develop it then you can always go back to an earlier version if you go down the wrong path. Most parameters take up very little room on your hard drive. I would also advise you get into the habit of making good backups of your parameters too - I have heard many tales of people who have lost everything through hard drive failure.

As for your current problem I'm not sure I can say much that will help you except to say that changing the scale should increase the size of all iterations. You might also find some small adjustments to the Trap Center parameters (under "Trap Position" plugin) or to the Julia formula itself might move things around a little and fill those black areas between the spiral arms a bit more fully which could be more to your liking.

It's very difficult to offer advice with this, Christopher. As you have discovered it is almost impossible to reproduce a fractal without the original parameters - the possibilities are just too great. Therefore you should always make sure that if ever you make anything even vaguely pleasing then you **must save it**. It also pays to save different versions of an image as you develop it then you can always go back to an earlier version if you go down the wrong path. Most parameters take up very little room on your hard drive. I would also advise you get into the habit of making good backups of your parameters too - I have heard many tales of people who have lost everything through hard drive failure. As for your current problem I'm not sure I can say much that will help you except to say that changing the scale **should** increase the size of all iterations. You might also find some small adjustments to the Trap Center parameters (under "Trap Position" plugin) or to the Julia formula itself might move things around a little and fill those black areas between the spiral arms a bit more fully which could be more to your liking.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft