I am currently on working on creating some fractals and animating them.

I had a question... I tried doing a fractal animation and it takes about 3-4 days to render and then at the end the log says "Error Saving image (error)

Is there another log where I can figure out what the exact error was?

According to the log it took close to 60 hours to finish so I do not want to go through it again and it happens again.

Also on another note, in trying to make animations is there best practice guidelines anyone can recommend?

I forgot to add, It was going to a harddrive that has about 900 gig's available so it was not disk space. Or At least I hope not LOL
Thanks!

I am currently on working on creating some fractals and animating them. I had a question... I tried doing a fractal animation and it takes about 3-4 days to render and then at the end the log says "Error Saving image (error) **Is there another log where I can figure out what the exact error was?** According to the log it took close to 60 hours to finish so I do not want to go through it again and it happens again. **Also on another note, in trying to make animations is there best practice guidelines anyone can recommend? ** I forgot to add, It was going to a harddrive that has about 900 gig's available so it was not disk space. Or At least I hope not LOL Thanks!
edited Feb 25 '20 at 6:33 pm

Hi Dint, what image format did you use for rendering? For long animations, I generally recommend using one of the single image formats (e.g. PNG) instead of AVI or Quicktime. This is more reliable and also allows you to convert the sequence of images to a movie file with an external program, so you can experiment with encoders and compression settings without having to re-render the entire animation.

Hi Dint, what image format did you use for rendering? For long animations, I generally recommend using one of the single image formats (e.g. PNG) instead of AVI or Quicktime. This is more reliable and also allows you to convert the sequence of images to a movie file with an external program, so you can experiment with encoders and compression settings without having to re-render the entire animation.

Ultra Fractal author

OK I want to make sure I understand. So when I do the animation, I make the animation into a PNG and then after that is done, I converted into an avi or mov? Is that correct?

And that is doable through Ultrafractal? The only options when I do PNG is to export as a graphic file not an animated file

OK I want to make sure I understand. So when I do the animation, I make the animation into a PNG and then after that is done, I converted into an avi or mov? Is that correct? And that is doable through Ultrafractal? The only options when I do PNG is to export as a graphic file not an animated file

I think what Frederik is suggesting is that you render your animation as a series of single .PNG images. This is more reliable when rendering, possibly saving you the wasted time and effort you have just experienced with a failed save.

Then use an external program to compile these images into an animation using whatever encoding/compression settings you like. You can't do this compiling stage in UF.

I think what Frederik is suggesting is that you render your animation as a series of single .PNG images. This is more reliable when rendering, possibly saving you the wasted time and effort you have just experienced with a failed save. Then use an external program to compile these images into an animation using whatever encoding/compression settings you like. You can't do this compiling stage in UF.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft