My default upr uses SwitchComboFormula in jlb.ufm plus JLB_SwitchFormula, JLB_SwitchCombo, and JLB_MandelbrotSFormula in jlb.ulb. I had a typo in the Mandelbrot,
default = 1"
in a parameter block. When starting up UF, I got a large number of confusing and not helpful error messages, as in the screen shot below.

When the (blank) fractal loaded, I clicked on the top line, SwitchComboFormula, and got the correct error message, pointing to the bad line.

5f43ceb8f1d4c.jpg

My default upr uses SwitchComboFormula in jlb.ufm plus JLB_SwitchFormula, JLB_SwitchCombo, and JLB_MandelbrotSFormula in jlb.ulb. I had a typo in the Mandelbrot, default = 1" in a parameter block. When starting up UF, I got a large number of confusing and not helpful error messages, as in the screen shot below. When the (blank) fractal loaded, I clicked on the top line, SwitchComboFormula, and got the correct error message, pointing to the bad line. ![5f43ceb8f1d4c.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5f43ceb8f1d4c.jpg)

What happens here is that since the formula couldn't be compiled, none of the parameters could be restored and that results in a long list of warnings. I agree it would make sense to not show these if the formula has an error.

What happens here is that since the formula couldn't be compiled, none of the parameters could be restored and that results in a long list of warnings. I agree it would make sense to not show these if the formula has an error.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft