Hello,

I'm on a roll, so here's a 3rd post. I have intermittently run into an error message when using the explorer to vary color density. This happens when something else (preview or job) is also rendering at the same time. As I move the mouse back and forth over the explorer window, errors occasionally pop up, usually complaining that something is not a floating point value:

5f4e2d2531432.png
5f4e2d2581215.png

Those are two examples that I could produce just now. When exploring a different parameter (complex constant), the window froze shortly and then disappeared leaving me with the explorer over a different fractal window and the preview doing nothing. After closing the explorer window, I could just go back to the previous window, it was as if it minimized itself.

There are ways around this, like making a smaller image and let it finish, so it's not a major issue. After closing the error, the program continues normally, so no damage is done.

Best regards,
Phillip

Hello, I'm on a roll, so here's a 3rd post. I have intermittently run into an error message when using the explorer to vary color density. This happens when something else (preview or job) is also rendering at the same time. As I move the mouse back and forth over the explorer window, errors occasionally pop up, usually complaining that something is not a floating point value: ![5f4e2d2531432.png](serve/attachment&path=5f4e2d2531432.png) ![5f4e2d2581215.png](serve/attachment&path=5f4e2d2581215.png) Those are two examples that I could produce just now. When exploring a different parameter (complex constant), the window froze shortly and then disappeared leaving me with the explorer over a different fractal window and the preview doing nothing. After closing the explorer window, I could just go back to the previous window, it was as if it minimized itself. There are ways around this, like making a smaller image and let it finish, so it's not a major issue. After closing the error, the program continues normally, so no damage is done. Best regards, Phillip

Yes I get this too. Will look into it! Sadly I've just released version 6.03 today so the fix will have to wait until the next update release...

Yes I get this too. Will look into it! Sadly I've just released version 6.03 today so the fix will have to wait until the next update release...

Ultra Fractal author

Great to hear you can reproduce it. It's not urgent since it's not a big deal. Cheers!

Great to hear you can reproduce it. It's not urgent since it's not a big deal. Cheers!

Now that is a new one... should I be worried??

60264e1ad8f05.png

Same thing... the instant I hovered over the explorer window it popped up. Did Nothing at all.
//edit: Google translate says: Stop the dirty box, understand the whole orange

Maybe just unicode gone wrong?

Now **that** is a new one... should I be worried?? ![60264e1ad8f05.png](serve/attachment&path=60264e1ad8f05.png) Same thing... the instant I hovered over the explorer window it popped up. Did Nothing at all. //edit: Google translate says: **Stop the dirty box, understand the whole orange ** Maybe just unicode gone wrong?
edited Feb 12 '21 at 10:39 am

No, didn't see it again, but then again, most of the error messages are unique, there's only a few that keep showing up.

No, didn't see it again, but then again, most of the error messages are unique, there's only a few that keep showing up.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft