Hi!

I’m new to this list but about 20 years ago I was a member of the UF Mailing List for a while together with my former wife Sharron. We had a fractal website called “Fracternity”, and maybe here’s the one or other fractal veteran remembering us vaguely. I have stopped making fractals for a long time, but now my interest is back, and in order to render one of my old images in a big format for a friend who wants it as a picture on his wall, I found that it uses an inofficial non-database formula, that I cannot find anymore unfortunately.

The formula is called <sam-friends.ucl> , containing the entry

<SFBMIIIv3>. The “sam-files” are usually made by Mr. Samuel Monnier, but I don’t remember who the “friends” were in this case and whoever could still have this formula. So I have a request: if anybody here has this formula or knows where to get it, please notify me, I would be very thankful for making it available to me!

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Thomas E.

Hi! I&rsquo;m new to this list but about 20 years ago I was a member of the UF Mailing List for a while together with my former wife Sharron. We had a fractal website called &ldquo;Fracternity&rdquo;, and maybe here&rsquo;s the one or other fractal veteran remembering us vaguely. I have stopped making fractals for a long time, but now my interest is back, and in order to render one of my old images in a big format for a friend who wants it as a picture on his wall, I found that it uses an inofficial non-database formula, that I cannot find anymore unfortunately. The formula is called &lt;sam-friends.ucl&gt; , containing the entry &lt;SFBMIIIv3&gt;. The &ldquo;sam-files&rdquo; are usually made by Mr. Samuel Monnier, but I don&rsquo;t remember who the &ldquo;friends&rdquo; were in this case and whoever could still have this formula. So I have a request: if anybody here has this formula or knows where to get it, please notify me, I would be very thankful for making it available to me! Thanks in advance, Best regards Thomas E.

I maintain a list of private formulas and their location on my Deviant Art page but have never heard of this one, Thomas. Sorry. Must be pretty old.

Samuel Monnier has a website at algorithmic-worlds.net. It's not been updated in a while but perhaps you could reach out to him there and see if he is in a position to help you?

I maintain a list of private formulas and their location on my Deviant Art page but have never heard of this one, Thomas. Sorry. Must be pretty old. Samuel Monnier has a website at [algorithmic-worlds.net](http://www.algorithmic-worlds.net/). It&#039;s not been updated in a while but perhaps you could reach out to him there and see if he is in a position to help you?

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Dear Chris,

thank you very much for your reply! I had looked at algorithmic-worlds.net but didn't find it there. Then I succeeded in reaching Samuel by private email, and actually he found this old formula from 2002 and kindly sent it to me. So I can compute some of my favorite old fractals again.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend,

Regards
Thomas E.

Dear Chris, thank you very much for your reply! I had looked at _algorithmic-worlds.net_ but didn&#039;t find it there. Then I succeeded in reaching Samuel by private email, and actually he found this old formula from 2002 and kindly sent it to me. So I can compute some of my favorite old fractals again. Thanks again and have a nice weekend, Regards Thomas E.

Excellent! So glad I was able to help in a small way. smile

Excellent! So glad I was able to help in a small way. :)

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft