Hello,

I recently ran into the problem of wanting to use the switch to Julia mode on a pretty multi-layer fractal. It would be great to have a way of using all layers for the new Julia fractal, rather than just the active layer. I get that it's possible to do them one by one and copy-paste them into the same window, it just seems a lot more tedious that it has to be. smile

Best regards,
Phillip

Hello, I recently ran into the problem of wanting to use the switch to Julia mode on a pretty multi-layer fractal. It would be great to have a way of using all layers for the new Julia fractal, rather than just the active layer. I get that it's possible to do them one by one and copy-paste them into the same window, it just seems a lot more tedious that it has to be. :) Best regards, Phillip

I second the motion! I like to use one window as the mandelbrot "switch" and then paste in my julia seeds into another window where I'm doing animation with multiple layers. But it would be nice to have this.

I second the motion! I like to use one window as the mandelbrot "switch" and then paste in my julia seeds into another window where I'm doing animation with multiple layers. But it would be nice to have this.

Maybe picking all the selected layers would be the best solution. smile

Maybe picking all the selected layers would be the best solution. :)

Good idea! One complication is that this only works (in a predictable way) if all layers support switching to Julia, and use the same location.

Good idea! One complication is that this only works (in a predictable way) if all layers support switching to Julia, and use the same location.

Ultra Fractal author

Good point, I didn't even think of that since my layers all tend to be the same fractal formula and location. I see three possibilities if a layer doesn't support switching:

• easy: just don't switch if one of those is selected
  • better: just omit those that won't switch
  • best: little popup that says Layers x, z, b, and g will be omitted because they don't have their switch formula defined. Do you want to continue without these layers? [Yes] [No]
Good point, I didn't even think of that since my layers all tend to be the same fractal formula and location. I see three possibilities if a layer doesn't support switching: - easy: just don't switch if one of those is selected - better: just omit those that won't switch - best: little popup that says _Layers x, z, b, and g will be omitted because they don't have their switch formula defined. Do you want to continue without these layers? [Yes] [No]_
edited Jan 25 '22 at 7:34 am

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft