I would like an option to turn off all the sounds.

Currently (on Windows) when I exit a fractal without saving it, or save over an existing upr or render over an existing image, a window pops up and Windows Background.wav plays. The popup without the sound is sufficient.

(Preference/Fractal does have options to turn off the sound when the fractal window finishes and when a render job finishes.)

I would like an option to turn off all the sounds. Currently (on Windows) when I exit a fractal without saving it, or save over an existing upr or render over an existing image, a window pops up and Windows Background.wav plays. The popup without the sound is sufficient. (Preference/Fractal does have options to turn off the sound when the fractal window finishes and when a render job finishes.)

As far as I can tell, these sounds have nothing to do with UF, they are the default windows sounds that play when you get such popups. I might be wrong though.

As far as I can tell, these sounds have nothing to do with UF, they are the default windows sounds that play when you get such popups. I might be wrong though.

That's right. This particular setting is not yet in Windows' Settings app, so open the Start menu and type "Change system sounds". This should highlight this option. Press Enter. In the dialog box that appears, choose No Sounds as the sound scheme.

That's right. This particular setting is not yet in Windows' Settings app, so open the Start menu and type "Change system sounds". This should highlight this option. Press Enter. In the dialog box that appears, choose No Sounds as the sound scheme.

Ultra Fractal author

Thank you. I was hoping that there was a way to turn off all UF sounds. Turning off all Windows sounds seems too drastic. Sometimes I need to be warned, so will have to live with UF beeping at me.

Thank you. I was hoping that there was a way to turn off all UF sounds. Turning off all Windows sounds seems too drastic. Sometimes I need to be warned, so will have to live with UF beeping at me.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft