Hi all,

I'm very happy to announce the release of Ultra Fractal 6.05. This free update for existing version 6 users improves anti-aliasing quality when rendering to disk (especially with higher Depth settings), along with various bug fixes and small improvements. You can download it here:
https://www.ultrafractal.com/download/

See here for a full list of changes in this version:
https://www.ultrafractal.com/kb/uf605.html

Just let me know if you experience any problems with the update.

Note: because these downloads are new, Windows might flag them as an uncommon download. In this case, click the "More info" link in the dialog that appears when trying to install. Verify that the publisher is Phreakware (my company) and click "Run anyway" to install.

Hi all, I'm very happy to announce the release of Ultra Fractal 6.05. This free update for existing version 6 users improves anti-aliasing quality when rendering to disk (especially with higher Depth settings), along with various bug fixes and small improvements. You can download it here: https://www.ultrafractal.com/download/ See here for a full list of changes in this version: https://www.ultrafractal.com/kb/uf605.html Just let me know if you experience any problems with the update. Note: because these downloads are new, Windows might flag them as an uncommon download. In this case, click the "More info" link in the dialog that appears when trying to install. Verify that the publisher is Phreakware (my company) and click "Run anyway" to install.

Ultra Fractal author

edited Jun 29 '22 at 1:03 pm

• Improved the anti-aliasing algorithm used by the Render to Disk feature to produce better results and take less CPU time, especially with Depth settings larger than 1.
  • Docked Mode tool windows now only show the mode of the fractal window they belong to, which fixes problems with e.g. Explore mode and multiple fractal windows.
  • Previews in eyedropper mode now get a higher calculation priority, so they also work well if the fractal is currently calculating.
  • Double-clicking a float value in an edit control now also includes the sign in the selection on Windows.
  • Implemented Esc shortcut to cancel the eyedropper.

Oh yes! I'm loving these most of all! Thanks and keep up the great work! smile

- Improved the anti-aliasing algorithm used by the Render to Disk feature to produce better results and take less CPU time, especially with Depth settings larger than 1. - Docked Mode tool windows now only show the mode of the fractal window they belong to, which fixes problems with e.g. Explore mode and multiple fractal windows. - Previews in eyedropper mode now get a higher calculation priority, so they also work well if the fractal is currently calculating. - Double-clicking a float value in an edit control now also includes the sign in the selection on Windows. - Implemented Esc shortcut to cancel the eyedropper. Oh yes! I'm loving these most of all! Thanks and keep up the great work! :D

Just a quick update: there were a few problems with the 6.05 update and I've fixed these with a new 6.05 version, available for download now. You can recognize this version after installation by the July 9, 2022 build date in the About dialog. Changes in this version:

• Fixed problem that caused the Randomize Custom dialog for gradient colors to come up with incorrect settings on Windows.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause crashes on Mac when using the Mac's full screen mode (via the green button in the title bar).

If you encounter one of these problems, you can download the latest version instead.

Just a quick update: there were a few problems with the 6.05 update and I've fixed these with a new 6.05 version, available for download now. You can recognize this version after installation by the July 9, 2022 build date in the About dialog. Changes in this version: - Fixed problem that caused the Randomize Custom dialog for gradient colors to come up with incorrect settings on Windows. - Fixed a bug that could cause crashes on Mac when using the Mac's full screen mode (via the green button in the title bar). If you encounter one of these problems, you can download the latest version instead.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft