The built-in functions include round, floor, ceil, and trunc. Trunc rounds towards zero. For floats, the behavior of trunc is equivalent to the following:

float func trunc(float x)
  if x >= 0
    return floor(x)
  else
    return ceil(x)
  endif
endfunc

There is no equivalent function with < instead of >. In mathematics, I haven't even found a name for this. The best name that I could come up is "elong", a shortened version of elongate, as truncate is short for truncate.

Any comments?

The built-in functions include round, floor, ceil, and trunc. Trunc rounds towards zero. For floats, the behavior of trunc is equivalent to the following: ```` float func trunc(float x) if x &gt;= 0 return floor(x) else return ceil(x) endif endfunc ```` There is no equivalent function with &lt; instead of &gt;. In mathematics, I haven&#039;t even found a name for this. The best name that I could come up is &quot;elong&quot;, a shortened version of elongate, as truncate is short for truncate. Any comments?

Yes, rarely, only in one of the Gaussian Integer coloring formulas or something similar.

(The email announcing your reply said that JVYV had replied.)

Yes, rarely, only in one of the Gaussian Integer coloring formulas or something similar. (The email announcing your reply said that JVYV had replied.)
edited Sep 23 at 3:58 pm

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft