Hello,
Would someone be kind enough to take a look inside the sp3 formula folder. All I'm seeing is a bunch of gobbledygook and the formula I'm looking for is called Cubic Parameterspace 3. I'm trying to upload a parameter set of Ingvar's on DA and it's not working. I have updated all my formulas.
Here is what I see inside that folder:
644dd5abc4776.jpg

Ingvar said it is the very first formula in that folder. I don't see it in the sp folder either.
Here are the params:
FractalMonster params.txt

Hello, Would someone be kind enough to take a look inside the sp3 formula folder. All I'm seeing is a bunch of gobbledygook and the formula I'm looking for is called Cubic Parameterspace 3. I'm trying to upload a parameter set of Ingvar's on DA and it's not working. I have updated all my formulas. Here is what I see inside that folder: ![644dd5abc4776.jpg](serve/attachment&path=644dd5abc4776.jpg) Ingvar said it is the very first formula in that folder. I don't see it in the sp folder either. Here are the params: [FractalMonster params.txt](serve/attachment&path=644dd82220024.txt)

Hi Kathy,

This images uses a private formula that is not in the public database.

Ingvar's parameters include the formula but you need to treat it in a special way... don't save it as a formula file because these are image parameters "saved with formulas". You need to save as parameters.

Here's what to do:

1. First delete that gobbledygook .ufm file from your public formulas
  2. Copy Ingvar's params to your clipboard
  3. Next, open a UF browser as if you are going to open one of your own saved fractals. Maybe you have a "work in progress" .UPR file - anything will do. Select the window area with your image thumbs in and paste Ingvar's params into the window.
  4. You should find Ingvar's image is now available to load from your .UFM file (it's a slow loader!).
  5. Note that the sp3.ufm formula file will have been auto-saved by UF in your top level Formula folder... fish it out of there and move it to your Private formulas folder where it belongs. It will now be available to you if ever you need it again.

Hopefully this will sort you out!

Chris x

Hi Kathy, This images uses a private formula that is not in the public database. Ingvar's parameters include the formula but you need to treat it in a special way... don't save it as a formula file because these are image parameters "saved with formulas". You need to save as **parameters**. Here's what to do: 1. First delete that gobbledygook .ufm file from your public formulas 2. Copy Ingvar's params to your clipboard 3. Next, open a UF browser as if you are going to open one of your own saved fractals. Maybe you have a "work in progress" .UPR file - anything will do. Select the window area with your image thumbs in and paste Ingvar's params into the window. 4. You should find Ingvar's image is now available to load from your .UFM file (it's a slow loader!). 5. Note that the sp3.ufm formula file will have been auto-saved by UF in your top level Formula folder... fish it out of there and move it to your **Private** formulas folder where it belongs. It will now be available to you if ever you need it again. Hopefully this will sort you out! Chris x

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

edited May 1 '23 at 8:25 pm

Thanks Chris, didn't know it was going to be so complicated! Not having much luck, I'm lost on your step 3. Confused between .upr, .ufm and .ufr

64542da147ca5.jpg

Thanks Chris, didn't know it was going to be so complicated! Not having much luck, I'm lost on your step 3. Confused between .upr, .ufm and .ufr ![64542da147ca5.jpg](serve/attachment&path=64542da147ca5.jpg)

Kathy, it looks like you've done absolutely the correct thing here - despite my muddled instructions you've got a FractalMonster .UPR file with the worm4 image parameters inside. Why you have errors I have no idea. I pasted the worm parameters into an existing upr file of mine and got the expected thumbnail and ability to open the image. I see no reason why yours wouldn't do the same. ???

Presumably UF saved the sp3 formula for you in your Formula folder when you pasted in those parameters?

As for file types I usually look at the last two letters of the file extension to refresh my memory:
uFM = FORMula file
uFR = FRactal image file - this is the calculated pixel information for a single image (a bigger file than a parameter text file)
uPR = PARameter file - a container for multiple parameter sets for a number of different images - the familiar parameter texts we usually share with others.

There's more info on these and other files in UF's Help file - search for "File types"

Kathy, it looks like you've done absolutely the correct thing here - despite my muddled instructions you've got a FractalMonster .UPR file with the worm4 image parameters inside. Why you have errors I have no idea. I pasted the worm parameters into an existing upr file of mine and got the expected thumbnail and ability to open the image. I see no reason why yours wouldn't do the same. ??? Presumably UF saved the sp3 formula for you in your Formula folder when you pasted in those parameters? As for file types I usually look at the last two letters of the file extension to refresh my memory: u**FM** = **FORMula** file u**FR** = **FRactal** image file - this is the calculated pixel information for a single image (a bigger file than a parameter text file) u**PR** = **PARameter** file - a container for multiple parameter sets for a number of different images - the familiar parameter texts we usually share with others. There's more info on these and other files in UF's Help file - search for "File types"

Chris Martin

Thanks very much for the time you've spent on this Chris. It's a bit of a mystery, seemed like a cool fractal to upload and play around with. No biggie, and thanks for the refresher on the different file types!

Thanks very much for the time you've spent on this Chris. It's a bit of a mystery, seemed like a cool fractal to upload and play around with. No biggie, and thanks for the refresher on the different file types!

No problem, Kathy, I don't like mysteries and usually try to solve them if I can!

Ingvar has posted other worm params on Deviant Art - perhaps you could try adding Worm5 to your new .upr file, or just paste it into a UF window, and see what happens? That one uses the same formula.

Goth-Colorful-Worm5

This is my last word on the matter, though. Good luck! smile

No problem, Kathy, I don't like mysteries and usually try to solve them if I can! Ingvar has posted other worm params on Deviant Art - perhaps you could try adding Worm5 to your new .upr file, or just paste it into a UF window, and see what happens? That one uses the same formula. [Goth-Colorful-Worm5](https://www.deviantart.com/fractalmonster/art/Goth-Colorful-Worm5-960732110) This is my last word on the matter, though. Good luck! (wasntme)

Chris Martin

edited May 6 '23 at 3:20 pm

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft