Working with tool windows
Most of the functionality in Ultra Fractal is accessed through the various
tool windows. All tool windows are resizeable. They can be docked to a fractal window to save screen space, or they can float on the screen for easy access.
With docked tool windows:
- Use the title bar to drag a tool window out of the dock bar to change
it into a floating tool window.
- Drag the resize bar up and down to change the height of a tool window.
- Click the hide tool window button to temporarily hide a tool window,
to make more space for the other windows. The tool window collapses to show
only the title bar.
- Click the restore tool window button to restore a hidden tool window.
- Drag the vertical bar to the left of the docked tool windows to resize the dock bar horizontally. To temporarily hide all docked tool windows, drag the bar to the rightmost edge of the fractal window.
With floating tool windows:
- Use the title bar to drag the tool window around. Drop it on the
dock bar to change it into a docked tool window.
- Click the close button to hide the tool window. To show it again,
click Tool Windows on the Window menu, and then click the name of the tool
- (Windows) Right-click on the title bar and click Decrease Opacity to make the tool
window transparent, so you can see the windows beneath it.
- Click Tool Windows on the Window menu for a menu that lists all tool windows.
Click the name of a tool window to show and hide it.
Next: Tool windows overview
General keyboard shortcuts