Coloring algorithms define how fractals are colored. The fractal formula creates
the basic shape of the fractal, and coloring algorithms provide ways to color
that shape. This gives you the flexibility to freely combine coloring algorithms
with any fractal formula.
Coloring algorithms are managed in the Inside and Outside tabs of the Layer
Properties tool window.
- At the top, the title of the coloring algorithm is shown. Hold the
mouse cursor over the title to see the entry identifier and the file name
of the coloring algorithm.
- The Browse button opens a modal browser
to select another coloring algorithm.
- The Reload button reloads the coloring algorithm from disk and recalculates
- The Edit button opens the coloring algorithm in the formula
- The Help button opens the help file for the coloring algorithm, if
- The More button shows a menu with additional commands.
- The coloring settings specify how the information from the coloring
algorithm must be interpreted to color the fractal. See Coloring
- The formula parameters are additional parameters specific to the
selected coloring algorithm. See Formula
Next: Inside and outside
Quick Start Tutorial
Standard coloring algorithms