Ultra Fractal 4.02 release notes
Ultra Fractal 4.02, released on November 7, 20051, is a free upgrade for Ultra Fractal 4 with bug fixes and some enhancements. This is a recommended upgrade for all users.
Changes and bug fixes
- Improved speed and response when previewing and playing animations in the fractal window. (Animation Edition only.)
- Fixed bug that caused the browser to generate numerous error messages on computers where the My Documents folder is redirected to a separate drive, such as E:\.
- Improved keyboard focus handling for the fractal window. It will now always be focused when you click it. The F11 shortcut now works correctly, too.
- Fixed problem rendering to AVI movies on some computers. In this case, Ultra Fractal would report 'Error saving image (Cannot open AVI file: ...)' in the render log file. (Animation Edition only.)
- Fixed bug that could cause the Undo command for the gradient editor to become permanently disabled after undoing an action.
- Fixed bug that caused error messages when changing an enumerated value of a parameter in the formula editor and then reloading the formula while the old enumerated value was still selected in the parameters list.
- Fixed bug that caused the Split into tiles option to work incorrectly when rendering flame fractals. Note: The Split into tiles option should still be avoided when rendering flame fractals. See also Flame Fractals.