Just purchased Ultra Fractal 6 Extended Edition and loaded up the animation example. Clicked run and in a few seconds it crashed. Not off to a good start.

Win10 v1909, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (442.74) 64 Gb DDR4 Mem.

Just purchased Ultra Fractal 6 Extended Edition and loaded up the animation example. Clicked run and in a few seconds it crashed. Not off to a good start. Win10 v1909, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (442.74) 64 Gb DDR4 Mem.

Hopefully you will get a reply from Frederik (program author) in due course but there's not a lot to go on here as to what the problem might be. Did UF give you the opportunity to send a bug report?

A little tip: If you ever see this bug report dialog but the program is not responding just remember that the report data is also automatically copied to the clipboard, so you can usually paste that into an email to info@ultrafractal.com

I am no expert, just a user like yourself, but I have one small suggestion for something you could try. It may not be the culprit but it did cause a problem for a small number of people at one time...

Go to View menu > Preferences > Fractal tab
Find option for "Enable OpenGL acceleration" and de-select / uncheck it.
Re-start UF and see if this helps.

Hopefully you will get a reply from Frederik (program author) in due course but there's not a lot to go on here as to what the problem might be. Did UF give you the opportunity to send a bug report? A little tip: If you ever see this bug report dialog but the program is not responding just remember that the report data is also automatically copied to the clipboard, so you can usually paste that into an email to info@ultrafractal.com I am no expert, just a user like yourself, but I have one small suggestion for something you could try. It may not be the culprit but it did cause a problem for a small number of people at one time... Go to **View** menu > **Preferences** > **Fractal** tab Find option for "**Enable OpenGL acceleration**" and de-select / uncheck it. Re-start UF and see if this helps.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Can you reliably reproduce the crash? And can you send the crash report to me via email? That will help me to find out what's happening on your system.

Can you reliably reproduce the crash? And can you send the crash report to me via email? That will help me to find out what's happening on your system.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft