Currently #numiter is readable only in the Final section of a ucl coloring formula. It is not even readable in the ResultIndex function of a ulb Coloring formula, where one might expect to be able to use it.
If #numiter were readable in any coloring formula, whether in a .ucl or. ulb file, some interesting coloring options would be available. For example, if coloring according to distance fro
I just ran into this new problem. When I render to disk in high resolution, it tells me that I have to render in tiles because the image size would exceed 2 GB. This didn't happen before. Just to make sure, I tried to re-render an older image which previously worked, and UF is now also refusing to render it.
In one instance, the predicted file size was around 900 MB, the sum total
Here's a test case, a base layer all white, a second layer with a small black dot in the center. (The fractal where the problem came up was more complicated!) The black dot is a circle with a radius of .01 in a window of width 4, so at 800x800 it's 4 pixels wide and shows up clearly in the UF window, with or without anti-aliasing.
Problem: sometimes the rendered image does not show the black
I would like an option to turn off all the sounds.
Currently (on Windows) when I exit a fractal without saving it, or save over an existing upr or render over an existing image, a window pops up and Windows Background.wav plays. The popup without the sound is sufficient.
(Preference/Fractal does have options to turn off the sound when the fractal window finishes and when a render job fin
I see the only version of Ultra Fractal available for macOS is still an Intel build. Are there plans to do a build for the new Apple M1 processors? I imagine it would be a lot faster for those devices.
I upgraded to UF 6.04 today and every time I open the explorer window for any parameter I get a huge CPU spike. This happens even if my mouse is nowhere near the window and nothing else is rendering. This takes several seconds and despite having a 12C/24T CPU it drains my computer of resources to an extent that even the playback of windowed Youtube Videos starts to stutter.
I'm currently rendering a fractal that told me it would take 8 hours initially, quickly rose to 9 hours, then 10 hours. Now it has been running for almost 3 hours and it still predicts between 9 and 10 hours.
Here's my guess of what is happening: The fractal is basically a spiral with the highest iteration counts toward the center of the image, so I would expect the rendering to sl
I recently ran into the problem of wanting to use the switch to Julia mode on a pretty multi-layer fractal. It would be great to have a way of using all layers for the new Julia fractal, rather than just the active layer. I get that it's possible to do them one by one and copy-paste them into the same window, it just seems a lot more tedious that it has to be.
I'm not sure what this isn't a thing, when using the explorer I can press escape to exit, but when I'm in eyedropper mode, this doesn't work. It should be straightforward to add this and would make it a lot more convenient.
This coloring UCL file is supposed to detect period of an orbit, and assign color index accordingly. Testing on plain mandelbrot set gives a noisy result (can't attach image here I guess, any color map, linear 0.1; values are in 0-20 range). I can see nothing wrong with the code and I have turned of guessing, normal periodicity checking, messed with tolerance, max iters, even tried extra decimals
this one might be a low priority one, but it's something I noticed and thought I should let you know. From what I can tell, UF uses image pixel column count to separate the image into pieces that are being worked on by each thread. This works fine in almost all cases, but I encountered something interesting. If only a small area is left for calculation, and it is comparatively narrow,
This fractal has "dirt" on it (speckles). If you zoom in on the mandelbar the noise pattern changes so it's not correct. I tried everything with bailout and even added precision but the problem remains. Actually with added precision the picture completely disappears. I guess I can't attach here, so I'll give upr and Bugs.ufm below,
I'm on a roll, so here's a 3rd post. I have intermittently run into an error message when using the explorer to vary color density. This happens when something else (preview or job) is also rendering at the same time. As I move the mouse back and forth over the explorer window, errors occasionally pop up, usually complaining that something is not a floating point value:
I tried changing fonts in the formula editor from the default Consolas to something else, like Times New Roman or another serif font. These other fonts are not mono-space, but they display as if they were mono-space, fixed-width and ugly, so not really usable. Of the Windows fonts, only the true mono-space fonts—Consolas, Courier New, and Lucida Sans Typewriter—are useful.