Hello,

I am not sure whether this is a feature I missed or a bug, but I noticed my monitor not turning off over night recently and tried to figure out what was happening. I used powercfg /requests as admin to see what was preventing it and it turns out it is UF.

656d810e5e9ab.png
Is this intended behavior?

There was nothing rendering, but there were 7 fractals and 2 formula files open at the time.

Phillip

Hello, I am not sure whether this is a feature I missed or a bug, but I noticed my monitor not turning off over night recently and tried to figure out what was happening. I used powercfg /requests as admin to see what was preventing it and it turns out it is UF. ![656d810e5e9ab.png](serve/attachment&path=656d810e5e9ab.png) Is this intended behavior? There was nothing rendering, but there were 7 fractals and 2 formula files open at the time. Phillip

Ultra Fractal disables system sleep when a calculation is running, either in a fractal window or via render to disk. As soon as the calculation is finished, system sleep is enabled again.

This shouldn't prevent your monitor from turning off though.

Ultra Fractal disables system sleep when a calculation is running, either in a fractal window or via render to disk. As soon as the calculation is finished, system sleep is enabled again. This shouldn't prevent your monitor from turning off though.

Ultra Fractal author

Since this was first thing in the morning, I'm 100% sure that no calculation was running. Would that also be the case if a render is paused? I don't think I have a paused render currently.

Curiously enough, I left my PC without closing or touching UF after checking, and when I came back later, the monitors were off. Maybe it was a fluke? I think you can ignore this for now, and if I run into it again and manage to reproduce it or narrow down the cause I will let you know.

Since this was first thing in the morning, I'm 100% sure that no calculation was running. Would that also be the case if a render is paused? I don't think I have a paused render currently. Curiously enough, I left my PC without closing or touching UF after checking, and when I came back later, the monitors were off. Maybe it was a fluke? I think you can ignore this for now, and if I run into it again and manage to reproduce it or narrow down the cause I will let you know.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft