I found three instances in plug-in library classes that the compiler misses errors and the class doesn't show up as a plug-in.

1. I wrote clas instead of class
  2. I left off the ) before the { on the first line
  3. I left off the final } of the class (this only when the class is the last one in the ulb file).

If I leave off the initial {, the rest of the class shows up as a comment, so the error is evident.

I found three instances in plug-in library classes that the compiler misses errors and the class doesn't show up as a plug-in. 1. I wrote clas instead of class 2. I left off the ) before the { on the first line 3. I left off the final } of the class (this only when the class is the last one in the ulb file). If I leave off the initial {, the rest of the class shows up as a comment, so the error is evident.

This is because the parsing of entries in formula files needs to be quite forgiving in order to be compatible with older files. And, in order for a class to be able to show up as a class and generate an error, it needs to be recognizable as a class first.

In addition, the concept in UF is that an error in one formula, or class, doesn't make the entire file unusable as it would in a regular programming language.

This is because the parsing of entries in formula files needs to be quite forgiving in order to be compatible with older files. And, in order for a class to be able to show up as a class and generate an error, it needs to be recognizable as a class first. In addition, the concept in UF is that an error in one formula, or class, doesn't make the entire file unusable as it would in a regular programming language.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft