Request: Better control over periodicity checking.

Currently, periodicity checking is controlled by a limited set of options: "off, rough, normal, conservative". I don't know how it is implemented, but I am guessing some orbit distance threshold preset table or similarly.

I work with fractals that are very sensitive to the periodicity checking, yet turning it off altogether would really make the calculation infeasible for me. Being able to make the periodicity checking even more conservative, say bay adjusting a floating point parameter in the interface, would be really helpful.

I have encountered this issue repeatedly. My workaraound has to been to implement a periodicity checking in my bailout, but that voids the inside coloring ...

**Request: Better control over periodicity checking. ** Currently, periodicity checking is controlled by a limited set of options: "off, rough, normal, conservative". I don't know how it is implemented, but I am guessing some orbit distance threshold preset table or similarly. I work with fractals that are very sensitive to the periodicity checking, yet turning it off altogether would really make the calculation infeasible for me. Being able to make the periodicity checking even more conservative, say bay adjusting a floating point parameter in the interface, would be really helpful. I have encountered this issue repeatedly. My workaraound has to been to implement a periodicity checking in my bailout, but that voids the inside coloring ...

Good suggestion, I'll add it to my wish list for a future update!

Good suggestion, I'll add it to my wish list for a future update!

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft