In Formula plug-ins, setting

periodicity=0

in the default section is not allowed. It should be allowed, as it is in non-class formulas (*.ufm).
Ditto for setting

method = multipass
In Formula plug-ins, setting ```` periodicity=0 ```` in the default section is not allowed. It should be allowed, as it is in non-class formulas (*.ufm). Ditto for setting ```` method = multipass ````

It's kind of difficult to propagate such a setting to the formula that the plug-in is running in. Consider that you could also have a coloring algorithm that uses a Formula plug-in. So when selecting such a plug-in anywhere in a layer, should it change the periodicity and drawing method of the layer? And what if you select another formula plug-in with different settings?

It's kind of difficult to propagate such a setting to the formula that the plug-in is running in. Consider that you could also have a coloring algorithm that uses a Formula plug-in. So when selecting such a plug-in anywhere in a layer, should it change the periodicity and drawing method of the layer? And what if you select another formula plug-in with different settings?

Ultra Fractal author

Fair enough. But then the manual/help file ought to say that these settings are only available in ufm files, not in class-based Formula files.

I'll make my own version of Plug-in Formula (in Standard.ufm) that has my preferred settings as defaults.

(This arose because of a Newton-like fractal where some areas didn't converge because of periodicity checking being on by accident. I didn't notice and was doing extensive debug printing until I notice periodicity.)

Fair enough. But then the manual/help file ought to say that these settings are only available in ufm files, not in class-based Formula files. I'll make my own version of Plug-in Formula (in Standard.ufm) that has my preferred settings as defaults. (This arose because of a Newton-like fractal where some areas didn't converge because of periodicity checking being on by accident. I didn't notice and was doing extensive debug printing until I notice periodicity.)

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft