Hi, I have a problem with rendering, I see one thing on the monitor but the rendering is from another image, can you tell me what's wrong?

thanks

648f07839061c.jpg

Hi, I have a problem with rendering, I see one thing on the monitor but the rendering is from another image, can you tell me what's wrong? thanks ![648f07839061c.jpg](serve/attachment&path=648f07839061c.jpg)

If you post the parameters for a problem layer then maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself could take a look at it to see what's going on.

If the problem turns out to be UF displaying then rendering different things then this may be of interest to the developer, Frederik.

If you post the parameters for a problem layer then maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself could take a look at it to see what's going on. If the problem turns out to be UF displaying then rendering different things then this may be of interest to the developer, Frederik.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

correct observation! Thank you, here the pameters.
Let me know if it's just my problem

prova22-03PerForum {
fractal:
  title="prova 22-03 per forum" width=800 height=800 layers=1
  credits="cri2;6/20/2023"
layer:
  caption="A" opacity=100 transparent=yes
mapping:
  center=1.492293191/0.92123421665 magn=2.9784362 angle=37.8297
  transforms=3
transform:
  filename="om.uxf" entry="t47" f_fn1=sin f_fn2=recip p_par1=0/0
  p_par2=0/0
transform:
  filename="sam.uxf" entry="StupidSine" p_center=-0.071429/-0.480952
  p_rot=0.0 p_size=0.880952
transform:
  filename="om.uxf" entry="t45" f_fn1=ident p_par=1/0
formula:
  maxiter=250 filename="Standard.ufm" entry="Mandelbrot" p_start=0/0
  p_power=2/0 p_bailout=128
inside:
  transfer=linear filename="Standard.ucl" entry="Image"
  p_imageParam="C:\Users\cri2\Documents\000 tutto\000000 negozio tessi\
  le\modelli scelti\00 catalogo 01\00   prossime collezioni\più modern\
  o\più moderno 05-04 per prove.png"
outside:
  transfer=linear filename="Standard.ucl" entry="Image"
  p_imageParam="C:\Users\cri2\Documents\000 tutto\000000 negozio tessi\
  le\modelli scelti\00 catalogo 01\00   prossime collezioni\più modern\
  o\più moderno 05-04 per prove.png"
gradient:
  smooth=yes rotation=1 index=0 color=6555392 index=64 color=13331232
  index=168 color=16777197 index=257 color=43775 index=343 color=512
opacity:
  smooth=no index=0 opacity=255
}

I also attach the file, reduced by 10 times

6491cadad5556.png

correct observation! Thank you, here the pameters. Let me know if it's just my problem ```` prova22-03PerForum { fractal: title="prova 22-03 per forum" width=800 height=800 layers=1 credits="cri2;6/20/2023" layer: caption="A" opacity=100 transparent=yes mapping: center=1.492293191/0.92123421665 magn=2.9784362 angle=37.8297 transforms=3 transform: filename="om.uxf" entry="t47" f_fn1=sin f_fn2=recip p_par1=0/0 p_par2=0/0 transform: filename="sam.uxf" entry="StupidSine" p_center=-0.071429/-0.480952 p_rot=0.0 p_size=0.880952 transform: filename="om.uxf" entry="t45" f_fn1=ident p_par=1/0 formula: maxiter=250 filename="Standard.ufm" entry="Mandelbrot" p_start=0/0 p_power=2/0 p_bailout=128 inside: transfer=linear filename="Standard.ucl" entry="Image" p_imageParam="C:\Users\cri2\Documents\000 tutto\000000 negozio tessi\ le\modelli scelti\00 catalogo 01\00 prossime collezioni\più modern\ o\più moderno 05-04 per prove.png" outside: transfer=linear filename="Standard.ucl" entry="Image" p_imageParam="C:\Users\cri2\Documents\000 tutto\000000 negozio tessi\ le\modelli scelti\00 catalogo 01\00 prossime collezioni\più modern\ o\più moderno 05-04 per prove.png" gradient: smooth=yes rotation=1 index=0 color=6555392 index=64 color=13331232 index=168 color=16777197 index=257 color=43775 index=343 color=512 opacity: smooth=no index=0 opacity=255 } ```` I also attach the file, reduced by 10 times ![6491cadad5556.png](serve/attachment&path=6491cadad5556.png)

Ok, this seems to be some sort of sizing issue, probably to do with the image you are using and the added complication of the transformations and their settings, particularly "Stupid Sine".

Just to confirm: I loaded your parameters with your picture and saw the same thing on screen as you have shown us in "I see this" above. This image/window is displaying at 800x800px. I rendered the image at this same size and it came out as expected, except for the background transparent areas being white.

I suspected you were rendering at a much larger size than that so I tried a render at 1800x1800 and it was rubbish and nothing like the monitor image. I also tried changing the formula from Mandelbrot to the recommended Pixel but the results were the same.

So my findings are the same as yours and its this re-sized render that seems to be the problem.

It's a fact that UF does weird things like this from time to time and I'm not sure there is a simple answer in this case apart from designing your onscreen image at the physical size you want to render at and using that.

Sorry I couldn't offer any real help with this one. If I'm wrong then I'm sure somebody else will come along in a while with another idea.

Ok, this seems to be some sort of sizing issue, probably to do with the image you are using and the added complication of the transformations and their settings, particularly "Stupid Sine". Just to confirm: I loaded your parameters with your picture and saw the same thing on screen as you have shown us in "I see this" above. This image/window is displaying at 800x800px. I rendered the image at this same size and it came out as expected, except for the background transparent areas being white. I suspected you were rendering at a much larger size than that so I tried a render at 1800x1800 and it was rubbish and nothing like the monitor image. I also tried changing the formula from Mandelbrot to the recommended Pixel but the results were the same. So my findings are the same as yours and its this re-sized render that seems to be the problem. It's a fact that UF does weird things like this from time to time and I'm not sure there is a simple answer in this case apart from designing your onscreen image at the physical size you want to render at and using that. Sorry I couldn't offer any real help with this one. If I'm wrong then I'm sure somebody else will come along in a while with another idea.

Chris Martin

I couldn't check it out without the image file,
più moderno 05-04 per prove.png

I couldn't check it out without the image file, più moderno 05-04 per prove.png

Hi Velvet, thanks for your interest and nice to meet you, I appreciate your work on Deviantart and I like it very much, congratulations.

I've done some more testing but I can't figure it out. I'm a beginner with Ultra Fractal but I've done many others with a render size larger than the ones set for the fractal and everything went well, this one didn't... For now I've solved it by dividing it into smaller parts for rendering. I would have liked to set a larger size in the FractalProperty but then I can't size the Fractal Window in order to see all the fractal... patience.
Thanks so much, if you come up with anything let me know.

Hi Velvet, thanks for your interest and nice to meet you, I appreciate your work on Deviantart and I like it very much, congratulations. I've done some more testing but I can't figure it out. I'm a beginner with Ultra Fractal but I've done many others with a render size larger than the ones set for the fractal and everything went well, this one didn't... For now I've solved it by dividing it into smaller parts for rendering. I would have liked to set a larger size in the FractalProperty but then I can't size the Fractal Window in order to see all the fractal... patience. Thanks so much, if you come up with anything let me know.

Hi Physicist, if you still want to try I've attached the image, it has a different name and it's scaled down 10 times for upload.
thanks

Hi Physicist, if you still want to try I've attached the image, it has a different name and it's scaled down 10 times for upload. thanks

Physicist, you can save/use the picture Cristina posted above or any other image you have, the imported image is not the problem.

Cristina, I'm pretty sure now that the problem is the transformations you have used. The image with no transformations can be rendered at different sizes and comes out as expected. I believe the problem is that transformations do not scale up reliably. Maybe some transforms do but the ones you have here don't... I haven't checked all three independently, though. Certainly the top two aren't playing nicely. You can see this just by resizing the fractal window too, before you even try a render.

Your idea of rendering in sections is probably the best solution here if you can get that to work. Occasionally problems like this crop up with certain transforms, textures or even formulas sometimes, requiring some creative thinking to achieve the desired effect. Fortunately it doesn't happen very often. smile

Physicist, you can save/use the picture Cristina posted above or any other image you have, the imported image is not the problem. Cristina, I'm pretty sure now that the problem is the transformations you have used. The image with no transformations can be rendered at different sizes and comes out as expected. I believe the problem is that transformations do not scale up reliably. Maybe some transforms do but the ones you have here don't... I haven't checked all three independently, though. Certainly the top two aren't playing nicely. You can see this just by resizing the fractal window too, before you even try a render. Your idea of rendering in sections is probably the best solution here if you can get that to work. Occasionally problems like this crop up with certain transforms, textures or even formulas sometimes, requiring some creative thinking to achieve the desired effect. Fortunately it doesn't happen very often. :)

Chris Martin

It's curious.

Within UF, at 800x800, I get Christina's left image with anti-aliasing unchecked, her right image with anti-aliasing checked. But change to 801x801 and the image is different.

Normal renders at 800x800 and 2000x2000 look like the left image, a render at 1050x1050 looks like her right image, and a render at 1200x1200 looks like something entirely different.

However! With transformation 145 turned off, the images with and without anti-aliasing look the same, and renders are consistent with the image within UF. Not what Christina wants, but consistent.

It's curious. Within UF, at 800x800, I get Christina's left image with anti-aliasing unchecked, her right image with anti-aliasing checked. But change to 801x801 and the image is different. Normal renders at 800x800 and 2000x2000 look like the left image, a render at 1050x1050 looks like her right image, and a render at 1200x1200 looks like something entirely different. However! With transformation 145 turned off, the images with and without anti-aliasing look the same, and renders are consistent with the image within UF. Not what Christina wants, but consistent.

Transformation 145 contains #pixel^2, which means that it doesn't scale with image size.

Transformation 145 contains #pixel^2, which means that it doesn't scale with image size.

Hi, it comforts me to know that the problem in this case is not my inexperience...
Thanks a lot!!!

>I couldn't check it out without the image file, > più moderno 05-04 per prove.png >I couldn't check it out without the image file, > più moderno 05-04 per prove.png >Transformation 145 contains #pixel^2, which means that it doesn't scale with image size. >Transformation 145 contains #pixel^2, which means that it doesn't scale with image size. Hi, it comforts me to know that the problem in this case is not my inexperience... Thanks a lot!!!

Not sure if #pixel^2 is actually the problem, I think #height being used is the issue, because that refers to the amount of pixels on the image. #pixel is just the complex coordinate.

So one way around this could be to duplicate t45 in your own file somewhere and replace #height with an integer or float parameter, then use the explorer look for a value you like (or use 800 if you liked that image, for instance), that should get rid of the image height dependence.

Not sure if #pixel^2 is actually the problem, I think #height being used is the issue, because that refers to the amount of pixels on the image. #pixel is just the complex coordinate. So one way around this could be to duplicate t45 in your own file somewhere and replace #height with an integer or float parameter, then use the explorer look for a value you like (or use 800 if you liked that image, for instance), that should get rid of the image height dependence.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft