Completely new to Ultrafractal.

Is it possible (and if so, in a simple way) to do black and white (no gradient) scatter plots for Julia sets with Mandelbrot parameters (i.e. constant offset) as input (ideally selecting from a Mandelbrot plot)?

And is it possible to adjust "dot size" for that in a reasonable way? Background: The goal is to have these printed, and pure dots on big resolutions and dpi may just disappear, so a minimum size would be required.

I understand that mathematically, there is no "dot size" for unconnected Julia sets, but I'd hope there's a way around that through rendering settings.

Also: can a color be set to transparent within Ultrafractal directly, without further image editing?

Completely new to Ultrafractal. Is it possible (and if so, in a simple way) to do black and white (no gradient) scatter plots for Julia sets with Mandelbrot parameters (i.e. constant offset) as input (ideally selecting from a Mandelbrot plot)? And is it possible to adjust "dot size" for that in a reasonable way? Background: The goal is to have these printed, and pure dots on big resolutions and dpi may just disappear, so a minimum size would be required. I understand that mathematically, there is no "dot size" for unconnected Julia sets, but I'd hope there's a way around that through rendering settings. Also: can a color be set to transparent within Ultrafractal directly, without further image editing?

I'm not clear on your main question. Could you re-phrase it?

Transparent colors can be set in the gradient or in the solid color.

I'm not clear on your main question. Could you re-phrase it? Transparent colors can be set in the gradient or in the solid color.

Hi and welcome to UF smile

I'm not sure I understand the question either. What I get from it is that you want to create Julia sets with a certain color for the inside part and another color for the outside part, such that disconnected Julia Sets show up as a cloud of dots?

Try the following:

1. open normal mandelbrot set
  2. set the outside transfer function to None and select white as solid color
  3. set the inside transfer function to None and select black as solid color (this is the default, so no need to do this unless you changed it for some reason)
  4. press F7 (or right click -> switch mode) and move your coursor over the image in UF to see what the Julia set would look like

Now what you see in the preview will depend on your maximum iteration setting. Disconnected Julia sets have no real inside points, but the lower your iteration count, the fewer points will diverge before you stop. The preview and resulting Julia Sets use the same max iteration count as your MB image, but once you click and get the Julia Set you can adjust them independently.

As for the scatter plot part, I'm really not sure what you could be referring to here. I'm sure what you want to do can be done in UF, but this doesn't sound like it's implemented, so it might require some combination of mapping, formula, and coloring algorithm to get it done.

Resolution and DPI are yet another thing to tackle, but you almost sound like you want UF to output a scalable dot cloud rather than a raster image.

Feel free to clarify your problem, maybe the solution is simpler than we thought smile

Hi and welcome to UF :) I'm not sure I understand the question either. What I get from it is that you want to create Julia sets with a certain color for the inside part and another color for the outside part, such that disconnected Julia Sets show up as a cloud of dots? Try the following: 1. open normal mandelbrot set 2. set the outside transfer function to **None** and select white as solid color 3. set the inside transfer function to **None** and select black as solid color (this is the default, so no need to do this unless you changed it for some reason) 4. press F7 (or right click -> switch mode) and move your coursor over the image in UF to see what the Julia set would look like Now what you see in the preview will depend on your maximum iteration setting. Disconnected Julia sets have no real inside points, but the lower your iteration count, the fewer points will diverge before you stop. The preview and resulting Julia Sets use the same max iteration count as your MB image, but once you click and get the Julia Set you can adjust them independently. As for the scatter plot part, I'm really not sure what you could be referring to here. I'm sure what you want to do can be done in UF, but this doesn't sound like it's implemented, so it might require some combination of mapping, formula, and coloring algorithm to get it done. Resolution and DPI are yet another thing to tackle, but you almost sound like you want UF to output a scalable dot cloud rather than a raster image. Feel free to clarify your problem, maybe the solution is simpler than we thought :)

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft