Hi All, I have asked Frederik but received no response so am asking here. I have UF 504. Can i upgrade (at the upgrade price) to UF 6 Extended Edition? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay

Hi All, I have asked Frederik but received no response so am asking here. I have UF 504. Can i upgrade (at the upgrade price) to UF 6 Extended Edition? Thanks in advance for any help. Jay

I do not have the definitive answer to this, am just a user, but from what I can see on the "upgrade" part of the shop area I believe you can; the wording makes no mention of specific editions you may already have and the whole pricing arrangement suggests all editions are just discounted versions of the full price ones for existing customers.

Some years ago I had "standard" UF4. When UF 5 came out I upgraded to the more feature rich "Animation" version (there was a Standard 5 too, if memory serves). I never had any problems in activating the upgrade with my old UF4 details (you need to input your old reg details as well as the new code for the registration to work).

So I think you can buy what you want at the upgrade price, you just have to prove some sort of ownership of an earlier version when you install and register it. So make sure you have those old details handy and always keep them safe!

One final point; if you don't get what you expected there is the promise of a 30-day Return Policy which will provide you with a full refund.

I do not have the definitive answer to this, am just a user, but from what I can see on the "upgrade" part of the shop area I believe you can; the wording makes no mention of specific editions you may already have and the whole pricing arrangement suggests all editions are just discounted versions of the full price ones for existing customers. Some years ago I had "standard" UF4. When UF 5 came out I upgraded to the more feature rich "Animation" version (there was a Standard 5 too, if memory serves). I never had any problems in activating the upgrade with my old UF4 details (you need to input your old reg details as well as the new code for the registration to work). So I think you can buy what you want at the upgrade price, you just have to prove some sort of ownership of an earlier version when you install and register it. So make sure you have those old details handy and always keep them safe! One final point; if you don't get what you expected there is the promise of a 30-day Return Policy which will provide you with a full refund.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Hi Jay,

Yes you can upgrade to any edition. I've just replied to your email. Sorry for the delay.

Hi Jay, Yes you can upgrade to any edition. I've just replied to your email. Sorry for the delay.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft