How can I render an animation to uncompressed avi, splitting result in several avi files smaller than 2GB (so they can be processed and assembled)?

How can I render an animation to uncompressed avi, splitting result in several avi files smaller than 2GB (so they can be processed and assembled)?

You could enter separate start and end frame numbers for each part. Generally, though, I would recommend to use AVI only for short renders so you can immediately view the resulting movie. For final renders and longer movies I recommend to render to individual images and make a movie file out of these separately using a program such as VirtualDub. This lets you easily experiment with e.g. compression settings without having to re-render the entire animation in Ultra Fractal, and gives you more options such as MPG output.

You could enter separate start and end frame numbers for each part. Generally, though, I would recommend to use AVI only for short renders so you can immediately view the resulting movie. For final renders and longer movies I recommend to render to individual images and make a movie file out of these separately using a program such as VirtualDub. This lets you easily experiment with e.g. compression settings without having to re-render the entire animation in Ultra Fractal, and gives you more options such as MPG output.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft