Is there a way to change the default interpolation of an animation key frame from smooth to linear?

Is there a way to change the default interpolation of an animation key frame from smooth to linear?

You can't set the default interpolation, but you can select multiple keys in the Timeline tool window and set the interpolation for all of them in one step. Does that help?

You can't set the default interpolation, but you can select multiple keys in the Timeline tool window and set the interpolation for all of them in one step. Does that help?

Ultra Fractal author

Sometimes, but say you animate the rotation of a complex gradient with 400 nodes.. That creates a key frame for each node. It seems like you need to open each control point and set the interpolation of each key frame. You can hold control and select each beginning and ending key frame individually and then change them all, but that is a lot of work to open 400 parameters and select 800 key frames.

Sometimes, but say you animate the rotation of a complex gradient with 400 nodes.. That creates a key frame for each node. It seems like you need to open each control point and set the interpolation of each key frame. You can hold control and select each beginning and ending key frame individually and then change them all, but that is a lot of work to open 400 parameters and select 800 key frames.

It is more likely that I want a linear rather than smooth interpolation for almost any key frames I would create for most parameters. I have to change it almost every time I create one.

It is more likely that I want a linear rather than smooth interpolation for almost any key frames I would create for most parameters. I have to change it almost every time I create one.

I understand and I'll think about a way to set the default.

I understand and I'll think about a way to set the default.

Ultra Fractal author

That would be great. Either that or maybe a way to quickly select all the key frames in the timeline for all variables.

That would be great. Either that or maybe a way to quickly select all the key frames in the timeline for all variables.

but being able to change the default would be my preference. If that is not as easy to do, selecting all the key frames somehow could be a workaround

but being able to change the default would be my preference. If that is not as easy to do, selecting all the key frames somehow could be a workaround

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft