About a month it is not possible to update new formulas in UF 5.

5c18b8bb30435.jpg
With greetings, Liesbeth Quak

About a month it is not possible to update new formulas in UF 5. ![5c18b8bb30435.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5c18b8bb30435.jpg) With greetings, Liesbeth Quak

Female, Gramsbergen the Netherlands, 1943

I just updated mine successfully via File/Update Public Formulas.

That's for UF 6 which updates just fine. Liesbeth is referring to updates for UF 5 - the update function has not been working for at least three weeks and just throws up the error message shown above. This issue was mentioned here earlier this month and Frederik responded ten days ago with a message to say he was working on it so he is aware of the problem. Link to topic

I hope he sees this reminder because I know of quite a few UF5 users out there like Liesbeth who are not getting their auto updates and it is an inconvenience.

Liesbeth - it's not ideal but you can update yourself if you really need to:
Link to formula downloads

"If you download these files yourself, you will need to unpack the contents and place them in your Formulas\Public folder."

>I just updated mine successfully via File/Update Public Formulas. That's for UF 6 which updates just fine. Liesbeth is referring to updates for UF 5 - the update function has not been working for at least three weeks and just throws up the error message shown above. This issue was mentioned here earlier this month and Frederik responded ten days ago with a message to say he was working on it so he is aware of the problem. [Link to topic](https://www.ultrafractal.com/forum/index.php?u=/topic/575/connectivity-question) I hope he sees this reminder because I know of quite a few UF5 users out there like Liesbeth who are not getting their auto updates and it is an inconvenience. Liesbeth - it's not ideal but you can update yourself if you really need to: [Link to formula downloads](http://formulas.ultrafractal.com/ ) _"If you download these files yourself, you will need to unpack the contents and place them in your Formulas\Public folder."_

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

edited Dec 20 '18 at 3:20 pm

This started to occur because the UF web site was moved to a new server with better security. I've been in touch with the web site provider, but after some research their conclusion was that they cannot support the way UF5 and earlier versions contact the online formula database due to security measures that are in place. Unfortunately they can't/won't disable these security measures.

UF6 works fine, but for UF5, the only solution I have is to download and update the formulas manually.

This started to occur because the UF web site was moved to a new server with better security. I've been in touch with the web site provider, but after some research their conclusion was that they cannot support the way UF5 and earlier versions contact the online formula database due to security measures that are in place. Unfortunately they can't/won't disable these security measures. UF6 works fine, but for UF5, the only solution I have is to download and update the formulas manually.

Ultra Fractal author

Oh, that is unfortunate! But I do understand the reasoning behind that decision. I guess everyone has to up their game when it comes to online security and your web hosts are part of that more secure environment.

Thanks for letting us know. I will let some of my fellow UF users on Deviant Art know about this.

Oh, that is unfortunate! But I do understand the reasoning behind that decision. I guess everyone has to up their game when it comes to online security and your web hosts are part of that more secure environment. Thanks for letting us know. I will let some of my fellow UF users on Deviant Art know about this.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Thanks Frederik,

I reported the reason for the inconvenience to the Fractal Academy where they had questions about the problem.

With UFgreetings, Liesbeth Quak

Thanks Frederik, I reported the reason for the inconvenience to the Fractal Academy where they had questions about the problem. With UFgreetings, Liesbeth Quak

Female, Gramsbergen the Netherlands, 1943

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft