Hi!

I am a newbie using Ultra Fractal 6.02 Extended Edition running under Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, Service Pack 1.

Out of curiosity, how often do you use the Switch Mode?

I can see myself using the Select Mode often; not so the Switch Mode.

Thank you!

Dr. T

Hi! I am a newbie using Ultra Fractal 6.02 Extended Edition running under Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, Service Pack 1. Out of curiosity, how often do you use the Switch Mode? I can see myself using the Select Mode often; not so the Switch Mode. Thank you! Dr. T

I am rather partial to ordinary Julia fractals for images; around half of my output uses plain Julia.

As my default starter fractal is a standard Mandelbrot figure I use the Switch Mode quite regularly to find a nice Julia form to work with. I find this the easiest way to visualise and decide on a Julia starting place. Loading a Julia formula to begin with and exploring that for a new composition doesn't work quite so well for me, though it does get the job done.

I am rather partial to ordinary Julia fractals for images; around half of my output uses plain Julia. As my default starter fractal is a standard Mandelbrot figure I use the Switch Mode quite regularly to find a nice Julia form to work with. I find this the easiest way to visualise and decide on a Julia starting place. Loading a Julia formula to begin with and exploring that for a new composition doesn't work quite so well for me, though it does get the job done.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

When properly done, the Mandelbrot-type fractals are a map to the associated Julia-type fractals. Using Switch mode takes advantage of that to find interesting Julia locations more easily: if you turn on Switch mode and mouse around the boundary of a Mandelbrot fractal, you are likely to find nicer Julia settings compared to Select mode, which includes lots of boring settings. But both modes have their uses; use whichever you prefer. Note that Switch mode works from Julia to Mandelbrot as well, but that is not very useful; I rarely go that direction.

When properly done, the Mandelbrot-type fractals are a map to the associated Julia-type fractals. Using Switch mode takes advantage of that to find interesting Julia locations more easily: if you turn on Switch mode and mouse around the boundary of a Mandelbrot fractal, you are likely to find nicer Julia settings compared to Select mode, which includes lots of boring settings. But both modes have their uses; use whichever you prefer. Note that Switch mode works from Julia to Mandelbrot as well, but that is not very useful; I rarely go that direction.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft