I was wondering if there would be some way the user could control just how "smooth" smooth interpolation keyframes are, as in, how flat or narrow the peak is. The reason I am interested in this is because sometimes, even with smooth interpolation, the resulting animation ends up being too fast.

This may be through something analogous to keyframe handles in Adobe After Effects. Or perhaps another route could be something as simple as including a text box that would allow the user to enter in a value that would specify just how flat the peak (or inflection point, or valley, whatever is at that keyframe) is.

If it's not clear what I'm referring to, here's a pictorial example of the "flatness" of the curve at a given keyframe being adjusted:

All I need is some way to adjust that flatness, whether through handles or a simple text box taking a scalar value.

I was wondering if there would be some way the user could control just how "smooth" smooth interpolation keyframes are, as in, how flat or narrow the peak is. The reason I am interested in this is because sometimes, even with smooth interpolation, the resulting animation ends up being too fast. This may be through something analogous to keyframe handles in Adobe After Effects. Or perhaps another route could be something as simple as including a text box that would allow the user to enter in a value that would specify just how flat the peak (or inflection point, or valley, whatever is at that keyframe) is. If it's not clear what I'm referring to, here's a pictorial example of the "flatness" of the curve at a given keyframe being adjusted: https://assets.rocketstock.com/uploads/2016/01/Animation-Curves-5.gif https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5463cbaee4b05c41e0cd7c14/t/550cac2be4b01a34b811b632/1426893868285/austin-saylor-easy-ease-graph-editor All I need is some way to adjust that flatness, whether through handles or a simple text box taking a scalar value.
edited Mar 28 '19 at 7:11 pm

That would certainly be nice to have but at the moment you don't have that kind of control over key value interpolation in Ultra Fractal. If the regular smoothing behavior doesn't work well, I'd suggest adding one or more additional keys in between to tweak the curve shape.

That would certainly be nice to have but at the moment you don't have that kind of control over key value interpolation in Ultra Fractal. If the regular smoothing behavior doesn't work well, I'd suggest adding one or more additional keys in between to tweak the curve shape.

Ultra Fractal author

You're right, that's what I have been doing as my workaround. I just found it to be quite annoying, which was why I suggested this.

You're right, that's what I have been doing as my workaround. I just found it to be quite annoying, which was why I suggested this.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft