Has anyone tried importing UPR commands from Apophysis into Ultra Fractal? I just get dozens of error messages (see screen shot). There will be something rendered in the fractal window, but it doesn't look much like the original in Apophysis. I've updated the UPR database, but it doesn't help. I've tried exporting from both Apophysis 7X and Apophysis 2.09, with the same result.

I'm running both programs under Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1 (64-bit).

Thanks.

5da08164e4e6d.png

Has anyone tried importing UPR commands from Apophysis into Ultra Fractal? I just get dozens of error messages (see screen shot). There will be something rendered in the fractal window, but it doesn't look much like the original in Apophysis. I've updated the UPR database, but it doesn't help. I've tried exporting from both Apophysis 7X and Apophysis 2.09, with the same result. I'm running both programs under Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1 (64-bit). Thanks. ![5da08164e4e6d.png](serve/attachment&path=5da08164e4e6d.png)
edited Oct 11 '19 at 2:28 pm

It seems that recent Apophysis versions are designed to be used with a newer version of the Apophysis coloring algorithm in Ultra Fractal, but I don't know which one.

I tested with Apophysis version 2.09. In Options > Options > UPR, you should change Identifier in the Coloring algorithm box to "apophysis-205". This selects a newer coloring algorithm in UF. You will still get the warnings, but after that, the image appears correct.

Maybe someone else with more experience with Apophysis can help here?

It seems that recent Apophysis versions are designed to be used with a newer version of the Apophysis coloring algorithm in Ultra Fractal, but I don't know which one. I tested with Apophysis version 2.09. In Options > Options > UPR, you should change Identifier in the Coloring algorithm box to "apophysis-205". This selects a newer coloring algorithm in UF. You will still get the warnings, but after that, the image appears correct. Maybe someone else with more experience with Apophysis can help here?

Ultra Fractal author

I tried Apophysis 2.09, but I'm still getting warning messages similar to the ones above, even after making the changes you suggested. I also tried some older versions (2.02e, 2.02f and 2.08beta), with the same results.

Sometimes, nothing will be displayed in the fractal window, and sometimes something will be generated, but it doesn't resemble the original in Aphophysis. The messages seem to refer to a parameter being passed to the transformation which exists in Apophysis but not in Ultra Fractal. In other words, the transformation exists, but not the parameter.

I tried Apophysis 2.09, but I'm still getting warning messages similar to the ones above, even after making the changes you suggested. I also tried some older versions (2.02e, 2.02f and 2.08beta), with the same results. Sometimes, nothing will be displayed in the fractal window, and sometimes something will be generated, but it doesn't resemble the original in Aphophysis. The messages seem to refer to a parameter being passed to the transformation which exists in Apophysis but not in Ultra Fractal. In other words, the transformation exists, but not the parameter.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft