I was able to make input fields based on numerical values and Pull downs with Text Choices that equal values. I have a two questions.

I know ultrafractal is specialized programming language so I know it has limitations and I would like to find out if this is even doable...

1. If I want an input value to be text... would I be able to program it where that text gets printed on the Fractal in a certain location?

2. I was wondering if this is possible. Could I take a text value and break that up... For example if I were to type Mario... Could I break that up where M would equal 1, A would equal 2, R would equal 3, etc. etc.? Then use that value to put into my formula calculations?

Thanks! I know I might be asking for a lot but just am curious how far I can take this. :-D

ENJOYING THIS PROGRAM! So glad I found it! Thank you to the Creator!
Thanks,
Mario

I was able to make input fields based on numerical values and Pull downs with Text Choices that equal values. I have a two questions. I know ultrafractal is specialized programming language so I know it has limitations and I would like to find out if this is even doable... 1. If I want an input value to be text... would I be able to program it where that text gets printed on the Fractal in a certain location? 2. I was wondering if this is possible. Could I take a text value and break that up... For example if I were to type Mario... Could I break that up where M would equal 1, A would equal 2, R would equal 3, etc. etc.? Then use that value to put into my formula calculations? Thanks! I know I might be asking for a lot but just am curious how far I can take this. :-D ENJOYING THIS PROGRAM! So glad I found it! Thank you to the Creator! Thanks, Mario

There is no text parameter type. To learn more about Ultra Fractal's formula language, see the detailed Writing Formulas chapter in the online help file:
https://www.ultrafractal.com/help/writing/writingformulas.html

There is no text parameter type. To learn more about Ultra Fractal's formula language, see the detailed Writing Formulas chapter in the online help file: https://www.ultrafractal.com/help/writing/writingformulas.html

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft