log(1.20515621346031e463) outputs INF in normal precision, NAN in extended precision (tried with up to 1e6 extra digits).

log(1.20515621346031e463) outputs INF in normal precision, NAN in extended precision (tried with up to 1e6 extra digits).

I've tracked this down now. It's normal that you can INF in double precision mode: the maximum value that can be represented here is around 1e300. In Extended precision, you get 1066.something which is the correct value. However, there was a bug in Arbitrary precision mode that caused NAN to be returned. I'll fix this for the upcoming 6.03 update.

I've tracked this down now. It's normal that you can INF in double precision mode: the maximum value that can be represented here is around 1e300. In Extended precision, you get 1066.something which is the correct value. However, there was a bug in Arbitrary precision mode that caused NAN to be returned. I'll fix this for the upcoming 6.03 update.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft