Hello,

I recently worked on a few relatively slow rendering fractals and I frequently run into previews that take serveral minutes to render. However, I can already see what I want and I would like to use the explorer to change parameters. I know I can turn off AA and/or change the size of the image too.

It would be awesome if we had a button to pause the automatic rendering of the preview (just like the one we have for render jobs), as doing both, exploring and rendering, is really taxing and often causes small freezes and sluggish response from UF and the entire OS.

Best regards,
Phillip

Hello, I recently worked on a few relatively slow rendering fractals and I frequently run into previews that take serveral minutes to render. However, I can already see what I want and I would like to use the explorer to change parameters. I know I can turn off AA and/or change the size of the image too. It would be awesome if we had a button to pause the automatic rendering of the preview (just like the one we have for render jobs), as doing both, exploring and rendering, is really taxing and often causes small freezes and sluggish response from UF and the entire OS. Best regards, Phillip

I'm philosophically opposed to such a pause switch, because ideally the Explore window should get the priority and the background rendering shouldn't interfere with that. However I'm seeing the hiccups too. I do find that turning off OpenGL acceleration reduces these. Can you try that?

I'll continue to look into this because it's not a great user experience.

I'm philosophically opposed to such a pause switch, because ideally the Explore window should get the priority and the background rendering shouldn't interfere with that. However I'm seeing the hiccups too. I do find that turning off OpenGL acceleration reduces these. Can you try that? I'll continue to look into this because it's not a great user experience.

Ultra Fractal author

I tried and turning off OpenGL doesn't really change anything for me.

I tried and turning off OpenGL doesn't really change anything for me.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft