Somehow, accidentally, I tagged an image as an animation, with one parameter having the animation indicator. As far as I know, I didn't do anything to do it, certainly not on purpose, and Animation was turned off as far as I know.
(1) How could I have done it, and how could I avoid it in the future?
(2) How should I undo it? I didn't see any way, so I edited the upr, taking out the code for the animation indicator, and re-saved the upr. Still, when rendering the image, the jpeg had "0100" appended to the name.

Somehow, accidentally, I tagged an image as an animation, with one parameter having the animation indicator. As far as I know, I didn't do anything to do it, certainly not on purpose, and Animation was turned off as far as I know. (1) How could I have done it, and how could I avoid it in the future? (2) How should I undo it? I didn't see any way, so I edited the upr, taking out the code for the animation indicator, and re-saved the upr. Still, when rendering the image, the jpeg had "0100" appended to the name.

I do this accidentally on occasion too. I pretty sure the culprit for me is the F3 key which I think I must unknowingly activate perhaps when reaching for another nearby key on my keyboard.

Simplest fix, I think, is to hit F3 again (or "Animate" on the Animation menu) and also turn off the Animation Bar via the View menu, that usually works for me.

I'm afraid I don't know what state the fractal is in if you happen to make a parameter adjustment of some kind before realising your mistake. I also don't know how to clear the extended filename numbering on the render. Perhaps Frederik could comment on this?

I do this accidentally on occasion too. I pretty sure the culprit for me is the F3 key which I think I must unknowingly activate perhaps when reaching for another nearby key on my keyboard. Simplest fix, I think, is to hit F3 again (or "Animate" on the Animation menu) and also turn off the Animation Bar via the View menu, that usually works for me. I'm afraid I don't know what state the fractal is in if you happen to make a parameter adjustment of some kind before realising your mistake. I also don't know how to clear the extended filename numbering on the render. Perhaps Frederik could comment on this?

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Thanks, Velvet-Glove. I probably hit F3 by mistake. By the time that I realized it, hitting F3 again didn't help.

I was able to clear the filename numbering by opening a new fractal and dragging all the layers from the old fractal onto the new one.

Thanks, Velvet-Glove. I probably hit F3 by mistake. By the time that I realized it, hitting F3 again didn't help. I was able to clear the filename numbering by opening a new fractal and dragging all the layers from the old fractal onto the new one.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft